Anybody want to split a drum of Shell Corena P150?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Bauer wants $40 per gallon.

I'm thinking about buying a 55 gallon drum. There's no way I can use all of it. I'd like to split it maybe 5-10 ways.

Last edited:
Try looking around for ESSO compressor oil 120 I get it in 5 gal pails and Bauer Canada (aka Jordair) has approved it in the compressors used by the Canadian Military. I pay $90 a pail.

Just curious. Why would a dive boat in Texas ever use a non-di- or tri-esther oil in their breathing air compressor? Is the compressor room air conditioned?

If you can't finish off the oil by 24 months from date of manufacturer ( not purchase date ), you better buy that 19 liter pail version.

The addetives in the oil has a life span. Fresh oil is best.

Keep the oil container shut well or its water content will raise over time. The mineral oil is not as "water loving" as the ester synthetic but any ambient humidity that can effect the oil is not a good thing or any ambient air that effects the addetives life too.

Good luck sharing the oil.

I don't know what Survival Air Systems in Lake Jackson has for mineral oil, but I know he stocks it for a break in oil. You might give Gary a call 979-236-8402.

Wookie:

I spoke to a woman who's last name was Rinn there. She said that they had what they called "break in oil", but didn't know much else about it.

So this is rebottled Shell Corena P150?

You spoke to Diann, Gary's wife. She is a lovely phone-answerer, but only knows what she is told. I gave you Gary's cell number, so you can go right to the source. To be honest, I wouldn't know what oil they use as a break in oil, but Gary would (should). I know it is a mineral oil. Gary may get it from Porter Stiles, the Bauer dealer in Dallas.

Back
Top Bottom