Anyone been to Lake Amistad lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you planning a trip south west......have you got to find out the latest info. on the lake?

yeah, I just ordered a Sartek 21W light and I wanted to try it somewhere. I've never been to Amistad, so I thought it would make a good weekend trip from Austin. I've heard the vis can be pretty good. Problem is I don't have a dry suit, so I would like to know what the temps are before I organize anything.

Work is crazy these days, so I am collecting info about the site as I can, but it is going slowly. Have you been there before, or are you interested in a trip SW?

yeah, I just ordered a Sartek 21W light and I wanted to try it somewhere. I've never been to Amistad, so I thought it would make a good weekend trip from Austin. I've heard the vis can be pretty good. Problem is I don't have a dry suit, so I would like to know what the temps are before I organize anything.

Work is crazy these days, so I am collecting info about the site as I can, but it is going slowly. Have you been there before, or are you interested in a trip SW?

Never been myself.....might be interested in going if timing is right.

Carlos, I grew up in Del Rio and got my ow cert there in 78. Its a great lake to dive. Lots of cliffs and grottos. Lake is around 240ffw near the Dam. Amistad gets busy on weekends they have big Bass fishing contests. Other than that its never busy. Diablo east cliff area is a great walk in spot as well as there scuba park area on hwy 90 past the bridge.
Richard

Alan - I'll PM you when I go down there. It is looking like it will not happen until end November because or work.

Richard - Thanks for all the info! I'm going to get a map of the lake to see where the spots you mention are. I might ask you a couple of details before finally going there in a few weeks, if you don't mind.

Carlos

Just let me know what info you need. Be glad to help.
Richard

I'd like to see some current conditions on the lake if anyone has them. I'm hoping to head down there the weekend after next.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom