Anyone been to Little Cayman recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back this week and it was fantastic, although the north side has no internet access or telephone.
How was it and what spots did you dive at?

The rooms are gorgeous, just having been renovated. And they all include new flat screen tv's with dvd player too. BUT, they get zero tv reception as of last week. Therefore, TAKE a handful of DVD's down there with you to play and share with others while there. According to the front desk, the dvd players play Region 1 (USA) discs, so your dvds should play fine. You can rent dvds from the hotel or nearby store for USD4.00 per night, but the selection is......ahem, limited. And I suggest picking up a bottle of rum duty free on your way down to mix your own drinx. The LCBR bar has plenty of cuban cigars for sale at good prices (well, for overpriced cuban cigars, that is). Be sure to have your driver's license with you to rent a scooter, $40/day. The bike ride to the East End is 8 long miles against the wind...you don't want to suffer like that. LCBR new bikes were not yet ready to use as of last week. Might be ready for April.
Otherwise, all is groovy with the place. Diving was great, even though conditions were windy. Water temps 77 F. 3mm full suit worked perfectly. Will do a complete writeup later. I checked one bag that weighed 36 lbs. And I carried on a backpack that weighed 18 lbs (it held my reg, mask, dive computer. Yep, a couple of t-shirts, shorts, flipflops. What else do you need? You don't need to dress well to impress everyone at karaoke night at the pool bar...but you do need to sing the Bee Gees!

Yea, I usually dive with 25 pounds of weight and a 7mm full wet suit. So, to avoid the risk of dive ops not having enough weight I carry about 30 pounds or so with me.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

No, no, no; I just like to look cool while I stand around the hotel bar so I pack a couple of really nice leisure suits from the 70's.

YES I AM KIDDING???

I plan to pack light, light, light on this trip!!!

:D

S4S

The very last thing that I worry about in Little Cayman is what will we watch on TV! :shakehead:Anytime! Unless a tropical storm is near by, I would just as soon they shut off those infernal noise machines and let nature lull me to sleep....Of course if it is football season and Alabama is on TV, well that might be another story....
Will be on Little Cayman in June of this year at Little Cayman Beach Resort and looking forward to it.....God Willing..... :lotsalove:

The very last thing that I worry about in Little Cayman is what will we watch on TV! :shakehead:Anytime! Unless a tropical storm is near by, I would just as soon they shut off those infernal noise machines and let nature lull me to sleep....Of course if it is football season and Alabama is on TV, well that might be another story....
Will be on Little Cayman in June of this year at Little Cayman Beach Resort and looking forward to it.....God Willing..... :lotsalove:

When will you be there in June I'm going the 1st till the 8th and staying at Paradise Villas. I wish it would hurry up and get here!
Greg

Why you would need TV in Little Cayman is beyond me. The only stations you can get are from Miami and New York. If I wanted that, I would stay in the states. I go to Little Cayman to get away from everything and enjoy the island.

We don't have time to watch a DVD! We dive 3 times a day and by 9 PM, most of us are ready to turn in so we can repeat the routine the next day. OK, so we are old, but not that old!

Anyone going to LCBR May 2nd through 9th??

:snorkel:

S4S

If you go to Little Cayman they do weigh the bags. We were slightly overweight and they did not make a big deal about it (I think between the two of us we were over by 5 lbs). The plane is small so I think it is more of a safety thing than anything else. I thought the airline people were pretty nice. The baggage guy at LC airport will keep you entertained with his card and magic tricks while you wait for the plane. He was actually pretty good.

As far as TV you know what it is good for? Checking the DVD of your dive. Other than that you should be in the bar. We were. Much better than watching TV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom