Grand Cayman - Where’s the fish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to have a first hand, real time opinion from someone who has dived there on multiple occasions. Thanks for the update.

As an update to my earlier post, I made 32 dives this trip and I wanted to add that I saw a lot more juveniles than I have ever seen in the waters of Grand Cayman… to include my absolute favorite, a juvenile trunk fish. I think my comment regarding viz is due to the warmer water common this time of year and the algae was in full strength. Plenty of reef sharks curious of our presence. While I did see several lionfish, I was impressed that I didn’t see nearly as many as I had seen two years ago.

Have any of you been to Brac or Little Cayman? I've heard such wonderful things about both of those locations. Do they look better? If the reason for the reduced marine life is warmer water I would guess that Brac and Little Cayman have approximately the same water temps. If it is some sort of algae or bleaching, again I would assume they're close enough it would spread. I wonder what's going on.
I just started a new thread with my sad report on Cayman Brac.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom