Anyone Dive these Sites in Fort Lauderdale/Miami...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex1524

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone dive these sites? If so what did you think of them?

Fort lauderdale: Hog Heaven

Hog Heaven is a 180-foot barge that lies upside down in 64 feet of water. Another barge, the Wayne, is close by along with debris sunk to help reefs form.

Miami: Sheri-Lynn
Sheri-Lynn is a Dutch-built freighter that was sunk by DERM as part of the Key Biscayne Artificial Reef Site

DEMA Trader
The DEMA Trader (formerly known as the GGD Trader) is a 165-foot-long freighter in 80 feet of water about 3 1/2 miles east of Key Biscayne.

And out of the Sheri-Lynn and Dema Trader which do you guys preferer?

Also are there any wrecks that are shallow around the fort lauderdale/ Miami area?

Thanks in advance

The DEMA Trader is intact but fairly small while the Sheri Lyn is much bigger but broken in two sections (rear wheelhouse and forward cargo holds) that are about 50' apart. Overall, I think the SL is a much more interesting dive.

I haven't been on the HH barge in over 10 years so I don't remember it nor do I know what it's like today.

Hog Heaven is pretty good. Besides the barge there are culvert pipes adjacent to teh wreck. There is also the skeleton of a water tower next to the wreck.

I have been on there when there have been huge schools of bait fish and jacks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom