Anyone dive without a BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottB:
Mark Meadows low profile back plate, DSS Hogarthian harness, and the reg ive been saving up for.. Poseidon Xstream =)

Radical! There's a combo I have yet to see!

Did you ever figure out just exactly what that MM plate weighs?

When I was planing to dive that way I subconsciously began to work my lungs for buoyancy control much more than before. Making the dive cemented it. I noticed a distinct drop in the amount of water in by BC bladder from then on.

Pete

um.. No.. I'll weight it when it gets here.. The closest item I've found to it is the Oxycheq Travel BP.. which is 2.2 pounds..

I think the 5 pounds listed on the Golemgear site is for shipping purposes..

I might search around some more to see if I can find a more accurate means of judging its weight :wink:

yeah.. the 5 pounds is just for shipping.. "Low profile Mark Meadows backplate. Constructed of 316L stainless steel, it weighs less than 2 pounds."

Yeah Pete,... I never use air in my BC now anyways.. except when I'm relaxing on the surface.. which is almost never ...
-Scott

Wow... way too complex. I use no weight when I dove my DSS SS BP, 3mil and HP80. When I dive vintage, I have 4 lbs and a ST72. Not too difficult. I actually prefer diving without my BC now.

ChrisA:
I know someone who dives exactly as you describe.

:D

---
Ken

ScottB:
That someone wouldn't happen to be you Ken, now would it?

But I know who Chris is speaking of.

Excellent diver, cool hang, sweet guy. Just a different cat, you know?

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom