Anyone dive without a snorkel on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never had it on me at all, not even during OW class. We all agreed to kinda forget about them.

Don't need one, and don't care about them.

DawgDiver:
My snorkel bugs the crap out of me when I'm diving. Darn thing just always seems to be getting in my way. Does anybody here just leave it on the boat?

No longer use snorkel.

i also got a tri-fold snorkel from divers supply and i just keep it in my bc pocket. only had to use it once at ginnie springs.

I'm in the keep it in the BC pocket crowd, and haven't worn it since OW crowd. I hate wearing it. :eyebrow:

I used one for a long time, er, I mean I had one attached to my mask for years. When I got certified, diving with a snorkel was an unbreakable rule. I hated it, and it would get tangled in my hair and my mask would leak. Finally after joining SB, I learned that a snorkel is optional, and have since not used one. Even in rough seas, (and I am a beach diver) I do not need one. If a wave is going over your head its gonna flood your snorkel anyways.

Walter:
I always dive with one - when I'm teaching. The rest of the time, it stays in the bag.

Me too.... I "hang one" off the side of my mask when working with students, but as soon as thier cert. divers...... off that d*mn thing goes. As the DM who works with us said.... " it ime to go camando diving:confused:

No snorkel for me either. I have been flipping onto my back for surface swims. Probably would consider it for rough water with a long swim.

I got tired of grabbing it instead of my inflator. I hated it flopping around my face. Now that I use a long hose, I have the perfect excuse to leave it behind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom