Anyone diving Mammoth Lake this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not been to Mammoth Lake but have read about and would like to go eventually, how's vis out there right now?

*edit*

Oh wow, I just realized it's 4hrs away. :eek:

Doesn't mean I don't want to go, it's just farther than I thought it was. Might not be possible for me this weekend unfortunately, though I do want to go eventually. :D

*editedit*

I'm a dummy and just realized that this is Jack! And he's going there after his FG's trip. Not sure I can do the 8+hrs of driving and diving in the same day. May have to save it for another day when I can make a weekend of it. :)

Last edited:
What are the current pond's conditions?? Thanks

I'll be out there this weekend. Hopefully jumping in on Friday and then returning for more on Saturday. I have some volunteer work to do at the Sea Center at 9am then plan to head straight to Mammoth for a "rinse off". Give me a shout. 512-251-1100

I was there this last weekend, and because of the heat the algae has really taken over and vis is only about 5-8ft

I may be interested--would love to try out some tech gear!

Back
Top Bottom