Anyone diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well vis was about 6 to 8' at Del Monte Beach... :( some surge. Hope this next weekend is better!

Got 10-15' the whole weekend, but it was a bit surgey, particularly on Sunday.

Did a sand dive out Sand Carlos North. Some great black-eyed hermit crabs with barnacles on their shells and all, so not too bad, but I had a leaking octo, so that wasn't a wildly fun dive for me because I was glued to my gauge. Did BW and saw the usual suspects as well as a good sized ling off the wall.

Sunday, I did both dives at McAbee. Nice cabs, nice ling, sculpins and crabs everywhere, and on the first dive, had a particularly playful harbor seal try to pull off my buddy's foot. Unfortunately, I had no external strobe (flooded manual controller in the PIs and waiting for sync cord to come in) and my macro lens attached so there was no way I was getting off a shot of him. Should have some nice crab, shrimp, and sculpin shots once I compel my lazy butt to upload my pix.

Ishie:
Did a sand dive out Sand Carlos North. Some great black-eyed hermit crabs with barnacles on their shells.
Interesting. Usually, the Black-Eyed Hermit Crabs are all over the place in the sand
around The Barge, but there weren't ANY on Sunday, and I looked for about 20 minutes.
I wonder if there's some seasonal movement into shallower water.

I'm up for some diving this weekend - Saturday and/or Sunday.

What time @ El Torito, Dano?

Edit: whoops - just noticed that this was LAST weekend. If anyone's diving THIS weekend, let me know.

Driving by San Carlos today, everything is glassy and vis looks good. Unfortunately, it is supposed to change tonight :(

Back
Top Bottom