Anyone else have trouble meeting others our age who dive? Why is that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have nothing against diving with older divers (and would love to find a local mentor, maybe we will finally hook up with boulderjohn once I recover from surgery), ?

I am ready when you are.

One of my past students and I are heading for the panhandle of Florida in mid November. We are both older than the OP. We are both still learning. He is planning to take a cavern course and a sidemount course. I am taking a cave sidemount course and completing my cave scooter certification. After that, we will do a few days of fun diving, possibly doing the Oriskany wreck. I may teach the wreck diver course for him while we are there. We haven't mapped it all out yet.

I am always looking for divers who are interested in going somewhere reasonably local. I try to drum up interest in trips to New Mexico, where we can dive in Rock Lake, one of my favorite dive sites. Just shoot me a PM if you want to be included in any planning for potential trips like that.

Hubby and I are in our 50s, living in Northern Colorado....I know, many of you are thinking "Well, there's your problem right there"....but supposedly Colorado has the largest number of certified divers in the states (and if you lived here you'd know why). Everyone we meet around our age just don't dive. Either never thought of it, can't afford it, can't get enough time off of work....Or the worst excuse--I don't think my body could handle the effort. My sister thinks it would be fun, but doesn't like the heat of tropical locals....Everyone seems to have some reason not to. Geesh. WHERE ARE ALL THE CRAZY FUN OLD PEOPLE! Oh yeah, they're here. Hi everyone! What's the most fun you've had in a scuba suit? Do tell.....:scubadive:

Try www.nocodivers.com. Or on Facebook try "Northern Colorado Scuba Divers. Become One" It was started by a group of people who are instructors, but at the heart of it, are divers, and are always looking for feedback, interaction and would love to have a get together somewhere sometime. The adventure is better when it's shared, and we're looking for people to share the passion with! The facebook page is regularly updated with fun stuff, activities and updates on what we're doing. Check it out!

I actually enjoy that diving is a sport where I can hang around with youngsters and more importantly keep up with them (water is a great equalizer).

I had a fast dive buddy. Now he gets to tow the giant tire float with the dive flag and suddenly things are slower and much more relaxed. :cool:

If things get fast again, I might have to star storing my spare weights in there.

Back
Top Bottom