'Anyone else waiting for a GX7 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Interceptor121.
Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD0-i7IWexc&list=UU9QR3kYo0rTAOMOuhadHfwg you can see a video to some mantas made with the Panasonic Gx7 and an Olympus 9-18mm :)
Scipionems
Video considering you had a fisheye lens is not that good.
Maybe it is the viz or the current but I would expected more from the camera stabilizer. Can you use the 14-42 power-zoom with a nauticam wetmate? There are some times where there is a change of focus that is very sudden in the clip

Hi interceptor121,
unfortunately the stabilizer incamera of the Gx7 doen't work with the video , but only making picture :( .....ask panasonic why.
the loss of focus depends by my fault, i was using autofocus and not manual focus during the video.
the 9-18mm is not a fisheye lens, with the X2 factor of the gx7 , it is like a 18-36mm , so at 9mm you have an angle of 100 degrees, like using the Inon Uwl-H100 wet lens on the 14-42mm (yes it is possible to use it).
Next time , i hope to do something better :)
Scipio

I have the Nauticam 4"inch Wide Angle Port specific for the 9-18mm Olympus and the Nauticam 4,33" inch Dome Port specific for the 8mm Fisheye Panasonic, but I have not used it too much, it is very difficult for me to use :( .... I have ZERO technic :(
For the 14-42mm PZoom Panasonic I use the Nauticam Macro Port 35, and with it, it is possible to use the Inon UWL-H100 LD with the Nauticam Adapter, without any kind of vignetting..... For me it is a very versatile solution, but it is very heavy because the Inon UWL Lens is very very heavy itself :(
...You know , I am a "compact" user inside :D :D
Scipionems

Hi Shaker,
Thank you very much, you are very kind, but I have a long way to do to obtain the best from the Panasonic Gx7 , it is not easy like with the compact camera Lx7....
The Image Quality of the combo 14-42+UWL-H100 is fantastic and I don't see difference between this combo and the 9-18mm lens.
The 8 mm is on another planet for the image quality, but it is very hard to use.... very hard.....
I need more practice :wink:
Here you can see three pictures made with the 8mm lens (the gorgonian with the sun) , the 9-18mm (the blue striped snappers) , and the combo 14-42+UWL-H100 (the porcupine fish with the sun)
Scipionems
_1000653.jpg_1020591.jpg_1010722.jpg

Hi Shaker,
Thank you very much, you are very kind, but I have a long way to do to obtain the best from the Panasonic Gx7 , it is not easy like with the compact camera Lx7....
The Image Quality of the combo 14-42+UWL-H100 is fantastic and I don't see difference between this combo and the 9-18mm lens.
The 8 mm is on another planet for the image quality, but it is very hard to use.... very hard.....
Here you can see three pictures made with the 8mm lens (the gorgonian with the sun) , the 9-18mm (the blue striped snappers) , and the combo 14-42+UWL-H100 (the porcupine fish with the sun)
Scipionems
View attachment 182517View attachment 182518View attachment 182519

Intresting, thanks. I have the 12-32mm lense, but i believe it´s too short for macro use with macro converters.

Hi Shaker,
honestly I don't know the 12-32mm lens , so I cannot tell you if it is usable or not for macro.
I can only tell you that the 14-42mm PZoom is good for macro too, using the Nauticam Super Macro Converter wet lens (see the picture of the Nudibranch) or the Inon UCL 165 Macro wet lens (see the picture of the Goby on the whip coral) ....
The Nauticam Super macro converter is very hard to use because is a heavy and big lens and it is a +16, so it is usable only for very little critters .
The Inon UCL165 is more usable (+6) and light to carry on the caddy on the arm :wink:
Scipionems

_1000327.jpg _1020738.jpg

Hi Shaker,
Scipionems
View attachment 182517View attachment 182518View attachment 182519

Looking at those pictures in the corners I would say in terms of quality
1. Fisheye 8mm
2. 14-42+Inon
3. 9-18mm lens

Which ports are you using Scipione? It is clear that the corners of the 9-18 have an issue that may be due to the small size of the dome

I wonder what happens if you attach an UWL-H100 with dome to the 14-42?

Back
Top Bottom