Anyone for Lanier Dive Sat. 1-29-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
Hey, Matt, guess what ? . . . Allen pees in his wetsuit.

Well, you know what they say about there being 2 types of divers, I guess we all know which category I fall into :eyebrow:

Actually, I heard that there was a man eating catfish in Lanier and the best way to keep him away from you was to pee in the water. I guess it works, haven't seen him or any fish yet.

scubaPT:
Actually, I heard that there was a man eating catfish in Lanier and the best way to keep him away from you was to pee in the water. I guess it works, haven't seen him or any fish yet.

I assume once it warms up we might have better luck (Getting eaten by the man eating catfish).

Matt

Why was the man eating catfish and not trout?

The man in brown delivered 2 new LP 95's yesterday. Now I have to try to get the VIP before Saturday. Guess I get to take a few pounds off the weightbelt.

scubaPT:
The man in brown delivered 2 new LP 95's yesterday. Now I have to try to get the VIP before Saturday. Guess I get to take a few pounds off the weightbelt.
Hi Guys-
Who is diving Sat. (02/12/05) & what time ?
Thanks Clif

skierch:
Hi Guys-
Who is diving Sat. (02/12/05) & what time ?

Heya Clif,

The Kraken, ScubaPT, and I are diving tommarrow (2/12/05) at 11:00am. It would be great if you came out as well. Last week conditions were 15' viz and 44 degree water or so.

Matt

Actually I am not going to be making it tommarrow. Just got a call from my LDS and they need some help in the pool tommarrow so I am going to go help them out. Free classes are always nice incentive. By the time I'm done with my free classes I'll be a full tech diver, heh.. Sorry Ya'll, guess I'll just have to make it next time. Atleast there will be a few of you out there tommarrow that can still get a dive in. Looking forward to a dive report,

Matt

Looks like I got the royal shaft today. Woke up around 6 this morning with severe pain in my right ear. Went out to the doctor and after spending all morning due to being a walk-in I have an ear infection. Didn't get to help out in the pool, didn't get free classes, didn't get to go to lanier. Oh well, what can you do.. I'm just hoping my ear clears up so next weekend I can head down to florida. Hope you all had a good dive today,

Matt

2/12 Feb. Saturday at the mud pond.
Was a beautiful day for diving, clear, calm and about 60 F.
Cliff and Allen made it up.
Took our time gearing up and headed back out to the area where the prodigal mask was rumored to be residing.
We set up the D/D buoy and anchored it. Clipped the reel to the down line from the diver down float as pivot point and started doing a circular pattern.
Cliff was on the reel with the pivot to his left. I was flying his right wing about 6 to 8 feet off. I spotted the mask on the third orbit at about 45 feet.
The visibility today was super. I'd say about 20 horizontally at 30' plus.
We even saw a fish.
The water was a bit chilly. 43 F at depth. I think I've found my lower temp limit for diving wet. I called my second dive because I knew I wouldn't warm up for a while in order to make the second dive.
I think Cliff and Allen wanted to make a second dive but my old wussie ways persuaded them to sit in Wally and drink coffee with me. Oh, well. I guess I'm just a bad influence.
It was a good dive.

Back
Top Bottom