Anyone for Lanier Dive Sat. 1-29-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear about your ear problems Matt, I know they can be really painful. Hopefully it will not keep you down long.
Not to rub it in or anything, but you did miss a really good day at the lake, as Dennis has said the viz was great today.
Not much to add to what has already been posted, except it was really fun trying my new LP95. I was able to drop 6 pounds of weight and possibly could drop another 2, will have to try this the next go around.
I'm up for next Sunday 2/20 if anyone else is interested, that is if the weather holds out.

Hey, PT, a friend of mine has a boat up at Holiday Marina. There are a couple of moorings that he's been wanting me to survey to see if they're still in a good state of repair. He wants to be able to moor his sailboat to them if bad weather rolls in.

If any of you guys would like to do that, I'd be appreciative. Give us an objective. Also it could make for a good little navigation exercise, also.

Any takers???? Weather permitting.

The Kraken:
2/12 Feb. Saturday at the mud pond.
Was a beautiful day for diving, clear, calm and about 60 F.
Cliff and Allen made it up.
Took our time gearing up and headed back out to the area where the prodigal mask was rumored to be residing.
We set up the D/D buoy and anchored it. Clipped the reel to the down line from the diver down float as pivot point and started doing a circular pattern.
Cliff was on the reel with the pivot to his left. I was flying his right wing about 6 to 8 feet off. I spotted the mask on the third orbit at about 45 feet.
The visibility today was super. I'd say about 20 horizontally at 30' plus.
We even saw a fish.
The water was a bit chilly. 43 F at depth. I think I've found my lower temp limit for diving wet. I called my second dive because I knew I wouldn't warm up for a while in order to make the second dive.
I think Cliff and Allen wanted to make a second dive but my old wussie ways persuaded them to sit in Wally and drink coffee with me. Oh, well. I guess I'm just a bad influence.
It was a good dive.
Hi-
It was a great dive- We found THE MASK-Check with Ga. OFFSHORE & Bob said May 14 will be a great dive on GRAY's REEF- I will send $100.00 to Bob for reserving @ Date-May 14 is a Saturday - what about Sunday?? One day equal three tank dive trip
thanks Clif

Thanks all, sounds like you all had a great dive. Glad you all found the mask. Also good news that Allen's Faber 95 VIP'd and worked out so well. Steel tanks are awesome. Thanks for the support on the ear, I woke up today again and can't even hear out of it.. :( I would possibly be interested in a grey's reef charter. How many spots is there on the boat? Is the cost $100 for three tanks? Are tanks included or do we need to supply? If I went out I may want to take a new buddy of mine that is getting certified next weekend.

Matt

skierch:
Hi-
It was a great dive- We found THE MASK-Check with Ga. OFFSHORE & Bob said May 14 will be a great dive on GRAY's REEF- I will send $100.00 to Bob for reserving @ Date-May 14 is a Saturday - what about Sunday?? One day equal three tank dive trip
thanks Clif

Cliff,
That makes for a looooooooooooooooong drive back to Atlanta on a Sunday afternoon. Saturday would give us a day to rest up. You're looking at driving almost to Brunswick. But if everyone wants to do a Sunday, I'm still in.

the K

The Kraken:
Hey, PT, a friend of mine has a boat up at Holiday Marina. There are a couple of moorings that he's been wanting me to survey to see if they're still in a good state of repair. He wants to be able to moor his sailboat to them if bad weather rolls in.

This sounds like a good idea. It would be nice to have an objective since there is no longer a MASK to look for.

Allen

skierch:

This date will work for me but I agree with The K that it would make for a tiring return drive. I'm still in though if everyone else wants to do Sunday.

Allen

Sat. only sounds good to me since the drive back will be heck, but I would pull 2 days if that is the general consensus. I've been curious of Gray's reef for awhile now and have always wanted to dive it.

Matt

Sounds like I missed a really good time Saturday. The weather was great and conditions sounded like the best they've been. Good going on finding the mask and I can't believe you all actually saw a fish in Lanier. I wanted to join you guys but unfortunatelly my wife had me painting Sat. She owes me BIG TIME.

Saturday at Grey's Reef would be better than a Sunday for myself. Sounds like fun times to come this year. Looking forward to it.

Allen,
I'm up for a dive this Sunday 2/20. I thought that I would be in Florida but that will be next month. Just let me know. Hopefully conditions will be good.

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom