Anyone for Lanier Dive Sat. 1-29-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We Going to try to make it 11:00-12:00 am on Sat.? Would be nice to let it warm up a tad before we get out there.

Matt

Corigan:
We Going to try to make it 11:00-12:00 am on Sat.? Would be nice to let it warm up a tad before we get out there.

Matt

Warm up, that's what happens when you pee in your wetsuit. :eyebrow:
That time will work fine for me.

Hello all. Where is Lanier? Is there any information about this location on the net?

It's a large lake about 35 miles north of Atlanta, Georgia.
And, yes, there is a good deal of information about it on the net.

You are most welcome.
Come on over and dive with us !!!

The Kraken:
You are most welcome.
Come on over and dive with us !!!

LOL, as much as I would like avpoh8 to come out and dive with us in Lanier, I seriously doubt that will happen. If I lived in LA and had to drive 5-6 hrs to get somewhere to dive, it sure wouldn't be Lanier. :) I would be heading to the panhandle atleast.

Matt

Aint' that the truth???
Man, he's got some good diving right on his own back door.

Hey, Matt, guess what ? . . . Allen pees in his wetsuit.

I am guessing most of my diving will have to be in FL or AL. As far as I know all LA only has mud. Maybe if I were to go out into the gulf a bit it would get better but I would just rather drive to Gulf Shores or Destin.

avpoh8:
I am guessing most of my diving will have to be in FL or AL. As far as I know all LA only has mud. Maybe if I were to go out into the gulf a bit it would get better but I would just rather drive to Gulf Shores or Destin.

I have a good buddy that lived in Metarie for quite awhile. His family still lives down there and we visit quite often. I went into a dive shop out in Metarie and asked them where they dive. I had mentioned the rigs and they stated they hardly go out there due to all the fishing line/hooks. Though apparently some boats do run out of Venice that you can private charter. They told me that they drive to the panhandle to dive. Pensacola, Panama City Beach, Destin, Etc. I have heard of some people jumping into Ponchatrain, but I hear it's still cruddy. Ponchatrain is supposed to be clearing up though since they got rid of the dredging years ago. I have heard of people talk about some possible clear far from where the Ole Miss dumps into it. I hope you find a diving hole close to you,

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom