Anyone give up diving for lent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've "given up" diving since last August, so would it matter if I gave it up for Lent? I really REALLY can't wait until the end of April when the water is a bit warmer to start up my diving season.........

String:
Well im a devout atheist with a particular lack of patience for anyone that isn't so its not a problem for me :)

u do realize tha atheism has now become an organized religion of sorts.:popcorn:

rawls:
I live in the Bible Belt and I don't know how many times I have been told I am going to hell...

yeah, but have you noticed that the peoplewho tell you that you are going to hell the most are the ones that most deserve it:D

can you have a religion based around a lack of beliefs? Perhaps. I don't know. Some atheists do have a fervor approaching religious..

Personally I think not believeing in god, living life according to a humanist moral code and not getting too het up about other people's beliefs is just common sense.. But then there are always people ready to label themselves/ others.

Uggh I never thought I'd discuss religion on scuba board. I'm going to bed..

damn you axl, made me want pop corn. :)

Ditto on AXL72's post. I was a convert until I saw too much hypocrisy. Now it's do the right thing, don't hurt anybody unless they hurt me first or I know they are planning to, ANd enjoy everything life has to offer. BTW sugarless chocolates are made at rabbit farms when they clean out the cages. "Of course those are chocolate covered raisins, they taste like that cause they're sugarless. Just ignore the bits of grass!"

whooo, thought you were going to say "damn you axl, made me want to pop you upside your head"

:thumbs_up: on poping the popcorn instead

open up the popcorn tomorrow:D

JimLap:
Ditto on AXL72's post. I was a convert until I saw too much hypocrisy. Now it's do the right thing, don't hurt anybody unless they hurt me first or I know they are planning to, ANd enjoy everything life has to offer. BTW sugarless chocolates are made at rabbit farms when they clean out the cages. "Of course those are chocolate covered raisins, they taste like that cause they're sugarless. Just ignore the bits of grass!"

:rofl3: :rofl3: ok...now you made the diabetics here throw up a lil in their mouths

Give up diving... impossible. That would be like giving up my life.

However, I did give up women for Lent. I thought it was only fair since they've all given up on me the past year.

I thought God was a diver? So, why would you want to give up diving for lent?

I gave up giving up :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom