Anyone going to Coz Feb 23-March 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addict

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all,

My trip plans are almost finalized. My wife and I will be headed to Cozumel on Feb. 23rd for a full week!

Not sure where we are staying - but the trip is paid for! ---A special deal from Apple Vacations. They choose the Hotel, and let you know, although according to their 'guidelines' it should be either the Fiesta Americana or The Occidental Grand.

So if you are headed to Coz - let me know :) Maybe we will bump into one another :wink:

We will be too, have yet to decide between LB or FA.

Cool! Got a couple of people so far :wink:

Well - I have yet to decide where we will be diving... and I'll probably know more in about 1-2 weeks.

The wife is 29, and I just turned 30 last month. We have been on 1 'real' diving trip to Grand Cayman (East End) - and loved it so much we have dumped a load of money in the past few months getting our own gear, camera equipment, and this trip lined up. We each have our AOW, but only have about 20 Dives total (we've dove Homestead Crater in Utah, and a local Water Hole - Colorado, and Grand Cayman). We have pretty much dropped our old hobby of skiing to get into this.

So if you see two people in brand new gear - looking a little timid - that's us!

So anyone else going?...

I'll be in cozumel along with a load of repeat Cozumel folks! It will be "Carnaval"!!! Also known as Mardi Gras... It is a really "family oriented" festival. Don't miss the parades in town, the floats are awesome, lots of partying food and fun!!!

Your hotel will give you a flyer of of the event schedule. The main parade down Melgar is not to be missed!

I lived in Cozumel for a year and a half. I'm choosing to go back during your dates just to be there for Carnaval!

Have fun! Email me if you have any questions: achu_sea@yahoo.com

Didn't even look at that before.

COOL. We are going Feb 24th to March 3rd. So will miss Fat Tuesday by a couple days, but the little I've read the big event is the Saturday night before is this correct?

This is great addition to the trip. Our 15th anv. is the 27th so had planned around that to start with.

Party on. Oh yeah lets go diving too. :)

Hi folks,

About 10 of us from the Raleigh, NC area (Reef & Ridge Sports) are heading down to Cozumel Feb 23 thru March 2, 2003.

We'll be staying at Casa Del Mar, south of town.

If we don't see you in the water maybe we'll see you at the town center dancing.

Mark
:scuba:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom