Anyone going to Lake Travis this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They tied a couple of empty bleach bottles to their wastes and were ready to go.

Why would they want to float their feces? Mine float on their own without assistance.

Hey the lake is less than 10 feet below Full! And it's a balmy 70 dgf at the top.

Break out the banana hammocks and lets go diving!

Average vis, Temperature nice, I wore a full 3mil with a 2.5mil shortie. Very comfy (but I kind of like cool water).

We dove the old scuba park again. Had a hard time locating anything at first but then found the house boat and some sort of tug looking boat. Also found a few others. Man there's a lot of boats down there.

Drove by Windy Point. The stairs at Barstows are covered pretty good. I think the water is up to the first platform on the first set of stairs (farthest north). Those stairs in the middle reach the water now.

It's a fine thing to see the water so high.

We were out at Barstow's on Saturday. Lots of students. Set up all the way on the South end and could actually enter the water using stair #4. I can't remember the last time I could use those stairs. Surface temp was 70, down at 80' it was a chilly 57. The vis for the surface down to 12 feet was about 5 feet. After that we were able to find pockets of 15 foot vis. All in all it was a good day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom