Anyone going to Philly Quarry this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

downdeep

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I plan to be there on Sunday helping out my instructor. I have a new camera housing I want to pressure test as well.

Anybody else for an afternoon dip?

I may be there. I need to check with the shop and see what checkouts we have lined up.

Saturday is normally a much better day to find a buddy. For some reason most folks prefer diving on Sat instead of Sun.

Viz was down to about 20 feet yesterday, and the temp is slowly dropping. It was 78 deg at 40 ft yesterday. Two weeks ago it was 80.

Did you finally get a housing for your 20D?

Did the big guy pickup his new mask yet?

Sorry sweetie, you must have mistaken me. I'm one of Ken's kids. He's gonna be there with some advanced and rescue students.

I've dived the quarry in worse conditions, I guess. You know how it is. Get a bunch of folks down there finning up the bottom and the vis will go to 5 feet, no matter what.

I just bought a Nikon D80 with an Ikelite housing, dome port and 125 strobe. Can't wait to try it out. I have a lot to learn before my Bonaire trip in January!

Sorry sweetie, you must have mistaken me. I'm one of Ken's kids. He's gonna be there with some advanced and rescue students.

I've dived the quarry in worse conditions, I guess. You know how it is. Get a bunch of folks down there finning up the bottom and the vis will go to 5 feet, no matter what.

I just bought a Nikon D80 with an Ikelite housing, dome port and 125 strobe. Can't wait to try it out. I have a lot to learn before my Bonaire trip in January!

OOPS! :11:

We had a rescue class there this past Sunday.

We've got a couple of OW checkouts and some UW digital photo students this weekend.

Let me know if you need any help with your photography. I use a D200 in an Ikelite housing with 2 DS200s. Did you get the 8" dome? What lens are you using? Do you have a macro lens? You'll want one of those too.

That would be wonderful. Thanks! I haven't really done much u/w photography. Just with a P&S. The scorpionfish in my avitar was taken with a little Sea Life in Kona last August. I used to do a lot of film (land based). But I'm just getting into digital and U/W really. Yes, I got the 8" dome. I bought a 17-70 Signa. Thought that might be a good general purpose lens. What macro do you recommend?

This digital u/w photog is a whole new world and I'm like a fish out of water. hehe

That would be wonderful. Thanks! I haven't really done much u/w photography. Just with a P&S. The scorpionfish in my avitar was taken with a little Sea Life in Kona last August. I used to do a lot of film (land based). But I'm just getting into digital and U/W really. Yes, I got the 8" dome. I bought a 17-70 Signa. Thought that might be a good general purpose lens. What macro do you recommend?

This digital u/w photog is a whole new world and I'm like a fish out of water. hehe

The 17-70 might get you close enough............ As far as macros, I use a Nikon 60mm most of the time and the 105VR when I want to get really close. Those won't work with your dome port though, you'll need a flat port.

If you hang around the wall where the dolphin and the porcelain cats are, that will give you some objects to practice on, and there will be a pretty good selection of fish as well.

The 17-70 might get you close enough............ As far as macros, I use a Nikon 60mm most of the time and the 105VR when I want to get really close. Those won't work with your dome port though, you'll need a flat port.

If you hang around the wall where the dolphin and the porcelain cats are, that will give you some objects to practice on, and there will be a pretty good selection of fish as well.

OK Phil. Thanks. I just hope that there aren't so many students that I don't have time to take a couple of pleasure dives. Rescue is labor intensive, as you know.

If I don't see you this time, I'll catch up with you the next time. :D

R.

OK Phil. Thanks. I just hope that there aren't so many students that I don't have time to take a couple of pleasure dives. Rescue is labor intensive, as you know.

If I don't see you this time, I'll catch up with you the next time. :D

R.

Just do what I do -- sit on the rocks, smoke a cigar, and "observe". :D

Can I have a scotch with that cigar? Oh, yeah. I'm not supposed to drink and dive.

Never mind.

Can I have a scotch with that cigar? Oh, yeah. I'm not supposed to drink and dive.

Never mind.

You're a dive GOD now. You can do as you wish. Put the scotch into an iced tea glass. :D

Back
Top Bottom