Anyone have the new Zeagle Covert?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

salth2owannabe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Thinking of asking Santa for the Zeagle Covert. Those that have it, is it all you wished/thought it would be. Changes you'd make or options you would add or purchase. I think Zeagle has a good BC and following, but I've never owned one. This Covert appears to have most of the features I'm looking for.
Thanks for the help

Do not have one, but have checked it out as we have it in the LDS I teach out of..Looks good,light weight , should travel well..Go for it..Price is reasonable..

Looks nice. I'm amazed they've made it so much lighter than the Scout, which already seems super light to me.

My wife dives a Scout cold water with 16lbs of weight, and it works well for her. Travel weight has never been a problem for her: we went to the Galapagos with full kit AND clothing in the dive bag, and never blew any airline weight limits.

If ultimate lightness is not an issue, you might look at the Scout as well. The Scout's 24lbs of lift are a good match for 16lbs of weight capacity. The Scout's weight pocket position keeps the front cleaner.

32lbs of lift in the Covert seems a bit much for its presumed purpose of being a (warm water?) travel BC. Also, the tank straps seems to be a place where they compromised a lot on the Covert. The Scout's double straps with cam buckles are bomb-proof and never slip.

Thanks for the help and comments.
I have a cold water BC that I'm happy with and I've used it on my previous winter warm water trips as well. We've been taking one or two trips/year and I've been thinking a dedicated warm water BC might be nice, and saving a little space/weight wouldn't hurt either. I know there are some compromises but I don't really need any of the cold water dive features. I've thought about the Zeagle scout as well but the Covert appears to be a better model for conditions and years of service. Wanting to try a back inflate BC this time around and the Zeagle appears to be well constructed, durable, and the covert is really light weight.

Covert looks pretty good but there are a few things I think I still like better about my Scout. Rear trim pockets for one, plus I like a couple of regular pockets for Bonaire. I can hide a knife in one and a wallet in the other - or even sunglasses. Also, it appears the Scout may have a little stiffer backpad which I find easier to set the tank up with. I prefer a weight belt so I can twist it to adjust my rotational trim if I want.

My Scout still travels well and I have it customized with a larger (32lb) bladder. I did cut the cummerbund off though.

Just trying to mention a few things to think about.

That looks promising. I really like the Express Tech and this could be the next iteration.

Appreciate the comments and help.

The more I look the more I come back to the Covert. Weight integration is a necessity in my book, and I will probably add an accessory pocket or two. I guess we'll see if there are any Black Friday deals on it and after a January trip I'll be happy to come back and do a review.

I have a covert. I love it. I won it from Bare and been using it as my instructor BCD and have plans to use it for travel. I normally dive with a BW and the design of the covert is similar in the simplicity of it though it is much lighter of course. My trim is still spot on using it. It is very durable and seems like it will last a long time. I take very good care of my gear and most of my gear usually lasts forever or dies do to poor craftsman ship. I love how it has the duel bands on the back as well unlike some other travel bcds, it feels like the tank is more secure. The weight pockets are nice as if you need to ditch weight you only loose the weight and not a pocket. The one odd thing I noticed about it the bcd inflator seems extra long on it.

Though as I said it is a very nice bcd and def worth the money if you are going to use it for travel or even just daily use. it rolls up real small and provides all the features of a standard bcd (well minus pockets but you can buy a pocket to attach to it)

I have a Zeagle Covert. I purchased the BCD from a store in Florida that still had a NOS USA made Zeagle Covert. When Huish acquired Zeagle, they moved much of the line's manufacturing to Southeast Asia. Anyway, I am planning to bring my Zeagle to the Caymans next month and spent the day yesterday sorting out the BCD in a local pool. I added trim pockets by SeaSoft in case I need them. The BCD should be far less buoyant in salt water so I may not need much weight to get under. My only wish is that one or two more "D" rings could have been added. Otherwise, this should work fine for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom