Anyone have this problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One other idea. If you can connect your HD camcorders together (firewire ports?) and record the tape onto a new one from the other.

That might work When I get home I 'll look at the cams and see if I can and If I have the right cords to use. Thanks Marshallkarp

you should never have to review your footage underwater, that's just a waste of time. Every once in a while you may stumble on a bad tape, just luck of the draw. A way to avoid it is to record about 30 seconds on each tape and review it before you put your camera in your housing. Chances are if a tape is bad it's the entire tape. This is a preventative measure I take everytime I use my camera which is at least a few times a week.

Also Sony could be passing blame, it's a lot easier than admitting a fault in a product or having to actually do something. I suggest going on a Sony forum and posting the issue, it might be consistent with others.

Best of luck!

Billy

Ok tried last night with yet again no luck. I have also gotten on a Sony a1u forum and they did have any new ideas that I havent already tryed. I also put the tape back in and fast forward it past what I shot and just recorded somethings then reviewed it an it work just fine. Now Dont know if it is possible or not that the first half of the tape was bad. I still dont get it. Thanks For the idea Marshallkarp. Mark

Empty V you could well be right. I'm thinking about taking it in to a shop and have them look at it. Bad thing I still have a tape with stuff I'd like off of it with out having to sell my arm and a leg.

Empty V you could well be right. I'm thinking about taking it in to a shop and have them look at it. Bad thing I still have a tape with stuff I'd like off of it with out having to sell my arm and a leg.

Sorry to hear about the tape, at this point I'd consider it a casualty of war, such a bummer. I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't sound like a tape issue. Is the camera still under warranty? I'd present the tape to them as evidence and make sure you make copies of the tape incase they happen to "lose" it. Definitely don't want to be stuck with a flawed camera.

Best of luck, let us all know what happens!

Billy

Back
Top Bottom