Anyone here dive drunk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Maybe I should have posted this in Near Misses and Lessons Learned :wink:

So a few days ago I’m getting hammered in the back of my home in Pacific Grove, CA and playing drunken catch with my buddy Roger, when I get an email notification on my phone from the California Bay Area Diver’s yahoo group that the conditions have been great at Monastery Beach in Carmel. I’ve been hankering to get myself wet for a while now so I decide to go diving before lunchtime. I put away the ball, close the trunk of my home, and stumble into the driver’s seat next to Roger. I’ve already got all my diving gear with me but I’m feeling a little queasy at this point, so I take a few quick hits of MJ to counteract the sensations before we drive off. It’s feeling like a boat up in this here car!

3 hours later Roger and I make it to Monastery Beach and proceed to don our gear. It took me ages to get my drysuit on because I was having some serious coordination problems trying to roll on my condom catheter and piss valve, which is mandatory after all that drinking, and you can take that to the BANK! To make matters worse, I take another 30 minutes to help Roger put on his custom whiz-bang suit. Finally I strap on my single AL80 and with Roger beside me I silently devise our dive plan, which includes “get into water” and “don’t die.”

Suddenly I wake up on the beach and realize I must have passed out for a while. Roger had been pushing me around because he’s eager to get into the water. I get up and stumble down to the entry on the north end. We get tumbled around a couple times in the washing machine but after a few minutes we’re past the breakers and in the open water. I have a bad feeling about this dive and I’m throwing up a bit after having swallowed all that seawater, but I’ve already come this far so I should continue. I grab Roger and we both descend into about 60 feet and start heading towards the Carmel Canyon.

The viz sucks. The Yahoo group is a bunch of lying bastards. It’s like 10 feet up (down) in here.

We get to the edge of the canyon and start to dive past 100 feet. At this point I see a huge ling cod chilling on a ledge so I descend head first with Roger and proceed to have a staring contest with it. I’m narced to **** at this point and still a little (lot) hammered and high, but all that doesn’t matter because the water feels AMAZING. It was the happiest feeling in the world and I highly recommend everyone try ecstasy because rolling on E while you’re engulfed in water is indescribable. You know guys, we all should be nice to each other. After all, all anyone really has is right now, the moment. No past, no future, just now. Existence in the present. If we all just treated everyone with love the world would be a much better place. I love you all and I’ve always got your back no matter what.

I felt like peeing so I let it all relax. After a bit of pressure I felt the familiar sensation of that warmth you get all inside the suit. Ah, not as cold anymore. But that beeping sound is annoying and interfering with my zen moment so I look at my computer for the first time and see “200” or something. I look around and have no idea where I’m at. I feel a cold wet sensation moving down my waist and to my chest area, and I realize I’m hanging upside down Batman-style because air had gotten into my feet. Don’t know how long that’s been like that. I look down at Roger under my arm and he’s in total La-La Land.

I have a feeling that we should be getting up now so I do a somersault and barf a little with the ensuing dizziness. Finally upright, I add air to the BC by pressing the purge on my octo and sit and wait for the buoyancy elevator to take me up. I do it a few more times but nothing seems to be happening, and then I realize I had been pressing the purge on my octo. I laugh at my own stupidity and proceed to put the mouthpiece of my octo up to the opening of my BC hose and pressing purge THAT way. Still not working, no matter how hard I press the mouthpiece up to the opening. Note to self: have a talk with Zeagle Eagle Beagle about this. This is a dangerous quality control issue. I orally inflate since the inflator is obviously broken as **** and we begin to rise. That beeping seriously needs to stop, and it’s getting louder.

Pretty soon I can’t seem to breathe anymore and it takes me a moment of holding my breath to come to the conclusion that I’m out of oxygen. I look at Roger and give him the out of air signal but of course he can’t understand me because he’s a dog and he’s narced. I spit out my reg and take his octo. He doesn’t care. He’s a dog. He has no idea what he’s doing.

At this point my computer is going crazy and screaming to deco so alright Mr. Oceanic, I’ll play along and follow your little letter things on the screen. Good thing Roger uses like no air or else you’d be a disappointed little computer cuz I ain’t gonna be listening to you in that even.. tua.. lity.

And then I found 20 dollars on the beach. Woohoo! Enough for another pill! Can’t wait to go hang gliding again!

Maybe I should have posted this in Near Misses and Lessons Learned :wink:

So a few days ago I’m getting hammered in the back of my home in Pacific Grove, CA and playing drunken catch with my buddy Roger, when I get an email notification on my phone from the California Bay Area Diver’s yahoo group that the conditions have been great at Monastery Beach in Carmel. I’ve been hankering to get myself wet for a while now so I decide to go diving before lunchtime. I put away the ball, close the trunk of my home, and stumble into the driver’s seat next to Roger. I’ve already got all my diving gear with me but I’m feeling a little queasy at this point, so I take a few quick hits of MJ to counteract the sensations before we drive off. It’s feeling like a boat up in this here car!

3 hours later Roger and I make it to Monastery Beach and proceed to don our gear. It took me ages to get my drysuit on because I was having some serious coordination problems trying to roll on my condom catheter and piss valve, which is mandatory after all that drinking, and you can take that to the BANK! To make matters worse, I take another 30 minutes to help Roger put on his custom whiz-bang suit. Finally I strap on my single AL80 and with Roger beside me I silently devise our dive plan, which includes “get into water” and “don’t die.”

Suddenly I wake up on the beach and realize I must have passed out for a while. Roger had been pushing me around because he’s eager to get into the water. I get up and stumble down to the entry on the north end. We get tumbled around a couple times in the washing machine but after a few minutes we’re past the breakers and in the open water. I have a bad feeling about this dive and I’m throwing up a bit after having swallowed all that seawater, but I’ve already come this far so I should continue. I grab Roger and we both descend into about 60 feet and start heading towards the Carmel Canyon.

The viz sucks. The Yahoo group is a bunch of lying bastards. It’s like 10 feet up (down) in here.

We get to the edge of the canyon and start to dive past 100 feet. At this point I see a huge ling cod chilling on a ledge so I descend head first with Roger and proceed to have a staring contest with it. I’m narced to **** at this point and still a little (lot) hammered and high, but all that doesn’t matter because the water feels AMAZING. It was the happiest feeling in the world and I highly recommend everyone try ecstasy because rolling on E while you’re engulfed in water is indescribable. You know guys, we all should be nice to each other. After all, all anyone really has is right now, the moment. No past, no future, just now. Existence in the present. If we all just treated everyone with love the world would be a much better place. I love you all and I’ve always got your back no matter what.

I felt like peeing so I let it all relax. After a bit of pressure I felt the familiar sensation of that warmth you get all inside the suit. Ah, not as cold anymore. But that beeping sound is annoying and interfering with my zen moment so I look at my computer for the first time and see “200” or something. I look around and have no idea where I’m at. I feel a cold wet sensation moving down my waist and to my chest area, and I realize I’m hanging upside down Batman-style because air had gotten into my feet. Don’t know how long that’s been like that. I look down at Roger under my arm and he’s in total La-La Land.

I have a feeling that we should be getting up now so I do a somersault and barf a little with the ensuing dizziness. Finally upright, I add air to the BC by pressing the purge on my octo and sit and wait for the buoyancy elevator to take me up. I do it a few more times but nothing seems to be happening, and then I realize I had been pressing the purge on my octo. I laugh at my own stupidity and proceed to put the mouthpiece of my octo up to the opening of my BC hose and pressing purge THAT way. Still not working, no matter how hard I press the mouthpiece up to the opening. Note to self: have a talk with Zeagle Eagle Beagle about this. This is a dangerous quality control issue. I orally inflate since the inflator is obviously broken as **** and we begin to rise. That beeping seriously needs to stop, and it’s getting louder.

Pretty soon I can’t seem to breathe anymore and it takes me a moment of holding my breath to come to the conclusion that I’m out of oxygen. I look at Roger and give him the out of air signal but of course he can’t understand me because he’s a dog and he’s narced. I spit out my reg and take his octo. He doesn’t care. He’s a dog. He has no idea what he’s doing.

At this point my computer is going crazy and screaming to deco so alright Mr. Oceanic, I’ll play along and follow your little letter things on the screen. Good thing Roger uses like no air or else you’d be a disappointed little computer cuz I ain’t gonna be listening to you in that even.. tua.. lity.

And then I found 20 dollars on the beach. Woohoo! Enough for another pill! Can’t wait to go hang gliding again!

I thought you were the guy that was going for tech diving and then the rebreather route.???
The events you just described pretty much guarantee you would become a rebreather fatality if you live long enough to make tech on OC.

People that make choices like you described on this dive, do not make technical divers.

If this whole thing is what you think is a "creative writing" exercise, and you thought it was funny....it does not belong here.

I have a great sense of humor. The problem is that you aren't funny, just childish.

Chocolate :chocolate: anyone or maybe some Hallucinogens :acid:
This thread is going to be good!

Agree with danvolker. This post belongs in another section, and I'd like to suggest to a moderator to move it.

So let me get this straight...you flooded your suit because you couldn't put a condom on right?

...and I thought I was the only one!

I have a great sense of humor. The problem is that you aren't funny, just childish.

I'm not funny to *you*.

So the idea of floating around in a suit of your own urine waiting for deco and breathing off of the tank of your narced dog because you went OOA isn't ridiculous.

To each their own.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added July 4th, 2013 at 07:31 PM ----------

So let me get this straight...you flooded your suit because you couldn't put a condom on right?

...and I thought I was the only one!

Haha, well, I was going for either that or not priming it before getting into the water, but in hindsight I didn't make the priming obvious enough. I tried with the whole "feeling pressure" part.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Man, I would love to come and watch you guys dive one day

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom