Anyone Interested in Lionfish hunting up North after the regularly scheduled dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, today was payday so I just ordered the AcuSpear! You can now definately count me in on at least one dive!! You can also definately try it out in Coz and see what you think, if you don't get one first. I love this type of stuff, so thanks Tex for giving me yet another addiction! hahaha

I can't wait to F these little b-tards up!! :D:D:D

Well, today was payday so I just ordered the AcuSpear! You can now definately count me in on at least one dive!! You can also definately try it out in Coz and see what you think, if you don't get one first. I love this type of stuff, so thanks Tex for giving me yet another addiction! hahaha

I can't wait to F these little b-tards up!! :D:D:D

Nice... looked at the JBL 6' travel polespear today, next pay day one will find its on the way to my house.

There have been several recent threads here on the board about it. I personally think the suggestion about dumping and not hand feeding is a good one.

oops, I stand corrected. I have not read anything nor heard of any first hand accounts and that is what I was going on.
/end discussion on merits of feeding critters dead lionfish.

Let the killing begin!

Sounds like there is going to be some blood in the water!

I expect to see you guys show up every day with little lion fish outlines on your wet suits showing your kills, like the fighter pilots during WWII

fsh034.png
fsh034.png
fsh034.png
fsh034.png

Sounds like there is going to be some blood in the water!

I expect to see you guys and gal show up every day with little lion fish outlines on your wet suits showing your kills, like the fighter pilots during WWII

fsh034.png
fsh034.png
fsh034.png
fsh034.png
Fixed it for you!!:D

Definitely count me in for a few trips. I'm thinking of ordering the JBL 6' Breakdown Travel Polespear for the trip. It's a little more expensive than the pole spears from Scuba toys but it looks like it might be a more durable and more versatile spear. And it has glowing reviews. If anybody wants to give an opinion I'd love to hear it.

JBL 6' Breakdown Travel Polespear (2D72)

A couple additional questions also. Do we need a license for spear fishing? Are any other fish (or lobsters) OK to go after?

It's OK if not, I could be very content dining on lion fish. I've heard it's quite tasty. But I do think fishing for other fish would be lots of fun! I can see myself getting hooked on spear fishing quite easily! :cool2:

thats the same one Im going to get, for the same reasons you named.....

If any of you "hook" me while spear fishing I'll kill ya..... If any of you call me Frances I'll kill ya......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom