Anyone know if the Comal has cleared up yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GaryBDavis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to be in the area in a day or two and thought I might dive the Comal River. Anyone know if it has cleared up from the recent rains?

Last time I dove it after a big rain, it took a while to clear up and then I couldn't believe how it ripped all the vegetation out.

I heard the same thing I would think that the water has probably cleared up but there is a lot of debris in the rivers and that will take some time to clear out...I know everyone (merchants) is trying to get everything cleaned up and rebuilt for the July 4th weekend since that is a big money making weekend....

Looking to do a little dive on Comal on the 30th or the 1st, anyone been there recently & have a river status?

I am heading to austin this tuesday and wed. If someone could tell me were the dive spots on the Comal river are, I dont mind checking them out and reporting on the board! Thanks

Landa Park is probibly the most popular place to hang out, I can't say first hand but the local San Antonio propaganda people are reporting that the river is clear again.

I am heading to austin this tuesday and wed. If someone could tell me were the dive spots on the Comal river are, I dont mind checking them out and reporting on the board! Thanks

its easy to put in at 'hinman island,' which ... itsn't actually .. and island. weird, i know. but there's restrooms, parking, and shade. oh, and a river filled with shrimp and trash. in approximately .. equal .. amounts.

its easy to put in at 'hinman island,' which ... itsn't actually .. and island. weird, i know. but there's restrooms, parking, and shade. oh, and a river filled with shrimp and trash. in approximately .. equal .. amounts.

Shrimp? Talking about the crawfish?

Last time I went, we put in at Landa Park RV & Campground, not sure if it made it through the flood or not though. Farthest upstream you can put in and the tube rental place out front will ferry you back and let you park (flood pending).

I was there before all the rain a week or so ago. The river was okay, relatively clear (it's usually very clear). There were a few divers there drinking beer (not kidding) kicking up crap everywhere which was kinda annoying.

I'm thinking about passing by early tomorrow morning just to see what's up and do a quickie little dive.

Well with all the datnob rain from Alex I didn't get to do any of my planned dives, so some other time in the near future I'll try again. Hevyjeffd, what's the vis usually like? All I have is the youtube videos to go off of...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom