Anyone know if the Comal has cleared up yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well with all the datnob rain from Alex I didn't get to do any of my planned dives, so some other time in the near future I'll try again. Hevyjeffd, what's the vis usually like? All I have is the youtube videos to go off of...

I'm not going to try to put a number to it, but the upper river is very clear when people aren't kicking up silt. It's also the deepest part, although I think the most my computer ever recorded was 14ft. That's the part where I've always seen the most crayfish and some of those aquarium suckerfish. My favorite part of the dive too, I like to just aim upstream and drift back down when I get tired.

Lower river is messier, I'd say 10-15ft at best and the water isn't very deep at all. A lot of it is 3-4ft. This is where I've seen most of the bigger bass and stuff. This is where I find most of the stuff that isn't beer cans.

Give it a go once the water is in better diving shape. Watch out for the chutes, they tend to sneak up on you. Inflate your BC and regulator in your mouth if you go over (and swim like crazy so you don't get swept back :D).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom