Anyone planning a dive trip to phuket from 1st to 8th Nov 2007?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro_Freak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello people... I will be arriving in phuket on the 1st of Nov 2007 and intend to do a 4d/4n similan islands liveaboard. As i will be travelling alone, a travel companion would be great to have! So drop me a msg if you guys are keen. I also have some questions regarding prices of resorts and liveaboards. i saw MV west coast explorer liveaboard quoting USD$650 for the above mentioned dive... is that price considered reasonable or have i been ripped off? Also, recommdendations for reasonably priced and decent hotels are much appreciated.

Thank you.

If you want a boat around that price, the West Coast Explorer is fine, good service, well run. Nothing fancy (shared bathrooms, twin cabins etc..) but a good boat. The "official" price is 22,000 Baht. When people quote in USD the rates used can vary so you can see slightly different prices for the same boat on different web sites.

Hello people... I will be arriving in phuket on the 1st of Nov 2007 and intend to do a 4d/4n similan islands liveaboard. As i will be travelling alone, a travel companion would be great to have! So drop me a msg if you guys are keen. I also have some questions regarding prices of resorts and liveaboards. i saw MV west coast explorer liveaboard quoting USD$650 for the above mentioned dive... is that price considered reasonable or have i been ripped off? Also, recommdendations for reasonably priced and decent hotels are much appreciated.

Thank you.
I have 1 cabin left, (2 slots) on the Colona VI 23 Nov through 2-Dec 2007. I chartered the whole boat. Great group of people going.

PM me if your interested.

why do you have the boats on your web site listed as A1, B4 etc rather than under their name such as West Coast Explorer?
I think that it is my decision to decide how to market my business. And if you really want to know, this is something you should ask in person or by PM, not like this.
Unless of course you don't ask because you want to know but you would like to make a point somehow?

I think that it is my decision to decide how to market my business. And if you really want to know, this is something you should ask in person or by PM, not like this.
Unless of course you don't ask because you want to know but you would like to make a point somehow?

Steven

I think you should wind your neck back in just a little bit :no

You posted a link in your reply to the OP that said "West Coast Explorer" yet on the page that the link went to it simply referred to the boat by a reference number. Upon further examination it appears that EVERY SINGLE liveaboard on your website is simply referred to by a reference number not by its name, as its referred to on every other liveaboard agent site.

I simply asked you why this was the case. YOU were the one that touted YOUR business, there's no need to get nasty just because someone asked a relatively straight forward question.

After all most people want to know the name of the boat that they are going to book.

"hey dude, I've finally booked my dive holiday"
"Great - what boat are you going on"
"No idea, the dive shop wouldn't tell me the name"
"Whys that?"
"Probably cos he's worried that I may find out that he is the same price or more expensive than booking with the supplier direct OR that the boat gets terrible reviews"
"Thats sucks! I booked mine with, dive the world, save money diving, agent liveaboard, sunrise divers etc etc all of whom actually tell you the name of the boat"

So Steven, I had merely asked a sensible question but now I would like to MAKE A POINT - the only reason that you would remove all the names of the boats and the companies that operate them from your descriptions is that you are either selling sub standard boats or you are not competitive on the price for them.

:dork2:

See my earlier answer, just leave out: "you want to know but". You really don't know what you're talking about regarding me and my DC, your point is not true. Do you really expect me to explain my marketing choices to competition, like you are?
And that is all I have to say to you about this.

See my earlier answer, just leave out: "you want to know but". You really don't know what you're talking about regarding me and my DC, your point is not true. Do you really expect me to explain my marketing choices to competition, like you are?
And that is all I have to say to you about this.

competition? I think you may have me confused with someone else mate. I don't sell liveaboards. If I did my "marketing strategy" certainly wouldn't be to hide the name of the boat.

Anyway - its not persoanl - its all just good fun on the forums :popcorn:

I especially always like the " my shops best" brigade :rofl3:

I think you may have me confused with someone else mate. I don't sell liveaboards.
No, but you do other things here on Phuket that I do as well and there are more people reading this forum except you and me. Plus, after I have explained to you how I market the liveaboards you would start doing the same the next day :wink:

Back
Top Bottom