Anyone shore dive doubles in Broward?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LP120's with a Gavin scooter ? :)

^ if you give me an hour or so head start.
Meet you by the grand tetons coral cluster.

Diving Al 80's, so you got me beat big time.

Got a scooter? Or a sherpa for me? :D

I have been wanting to find someone to hit third reef dives with as well when launching from shore! Im in Ft. Lauderdale. Swimming out that far is risky in my opinion from boats. I would much prefer taking kayaks. I have a couple 12fts that are perfect. Could moor them, anchor, or attach them to us and drift. If anyone is interested email me at makowasta@hotmail.com

Third reef, as in third reef line from shore (mooring balls in pompano or LBTS), or the real third reef as in 80' depths?

Sounds like an iffy plan at best. Why not just get on a boat? BTW I hear shore divers have pretty much tore up the reef at 6th ave in Pompano. Overturned brain corals etc.... all for the purpose of trying to find bugs that aren't there. Too bad, it was probably one of the top three beach dives from Palm Beach to Lauderdale

Third reef, as in third reef line from shore (mooring balls in pompano or LBTS), or the real third reef as in 80' depths?

I think by 3rd reef they mean the Drop off(400-450 yards out). For me that's the 1st reef. :wink: But getting beyond that is too much for shore-diving unless with a scooter or kayak.

Pompano Drop Off (bouys) is a solid 1/2 mile swim. The area as significant boat traffic, especially on weekends. I would recommend a boat. rather than a swim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom