Anyone use a Mac to edit video from a Sony HDR-HC7 or similar cam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chaseh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was finding editing to be slow to impossible on my PC laptop and was given a Powermac G-5, which I thought would be great to dedicate to film editing.

I could not find a reasonable way to connect the two. I found a i.link to usb adapter which I hoped would solve the issue, but once connected, the two didn't seem to recognize each other.

So the basic questions boil down to, are the two compatible? Is there software that would help overcome this? Is there a better way to link them up?

Thanks

I use an iMAC with my hc7 and it works perfectly. I think I remember having some issues at the beginning as well but it ended up being what I connected first or turned on last, something like that. Just make sure you have the latest OS version if yours is an old one and play around with plugging the camera in before/after you turn it on.

firewire from my camera to either macbook pro or new dual core mac. 6-4 pin i believe.

Back
Top Bottom