Anyone use a Weezle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too use the Wezzle Extreme in temperatures into the 40s. I like it better than anything else I've used. Like Duane I only add air to avoid squeeze and find it keeps me warm. I dive it with the DUI TLS350 and feel like I have better mobility than with any other combination I've used.

Steve

I found an Extreme+ for a decent price so she's gonna give it a try. Its gotta be warmer than a 200gm DC and hopefully not require a ton of gas that will ballon up her suit legs.

I found an Extreme+ for a decent price so she's gonna give it a try. Its gotta be warmer than a 200gm DC

Way warmer.

and hopefully not require a ton of gas that will ballon up her suit legs.

Shouldn't.

Do weezles have a baggy cut on the legs like the DUI 400g or are they tapered.

Also, how do you choose between the weezles extreme and extreme+?

Do weezles have a baggy cut on the legs like the DUI 400g or are they tapered.

They aren't tapered a lot from my recollection. However, unlike the DUI, they compress a lot. So they don't necessarily feel baggy in the suit. The weezle I wore and the DUI 400g I wore felt very very different.

Extreme plus for cold water (32F - 50/55F), Extreme for temperate water (50F-70F), Compact for anything warmer than that.

I tried the Extreme in 70F water and was sweating like I had run a marathon. This was after 10 minutes just standing in the water in the pool. It felt about as warm as my Pinnacle Evolution undergarment (not Merino).

When I tried the DUI 400g in 72F water (Manatee Springs), I didn't sweat at all. Admittedly this was an older suit and was a demo. I'd imagine a fresh suit would have been far warmer.

When da little woman is freezing you don't say "I got you the midweight cause it was cheaper" lol.

As far as I could tell from the online literature, the Extreme+ has 25-30% more insulation than the Extreme. Comparable to the Compact and the Extreme together. The Extreme+ was on sale for $275 (without their tall boot/sock thingys). Seemed reasonable to me.

Our current water temps are in the 46-48F range depending on the day, site and who's gauge is measuring.

Our current water temps are in the 46-48F range depending on the day, site and who's gauge is measuring.

Shoot man, it doesn't get that warm in July unless you're 40ft or shallower.

BTW, a good way to keep the wife out of you team IS to get her the cheap/thin stuff.

Works for Jay and I anyway. :crafty:

Is there a US distributor for Santi?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom