Anyone use Sand Dollar Sports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My family and I have dove with Sand Dollar the last 7 years. Our experience is they group people by experience and requests. If you want the big boat they put you on it. Want the small boats same thing. My son and I are fairly experienced and very seldom have we been stuck with a newbie group. The times it's happened there really wasn't any choice, if all the divers going out are inexperienced that's who you're with. On the flip side, last year was my daughter's first year down there as a certified diver (at the time 11 years old) and they put the 4 of us on a private boat every time out with no extra charge. Divemaster was essentially focused completely on her and made her experience fantastic. I have seen some people complaining over the years, most times I have been embarrassed that they are Americans. Some people are always going to find something to complain about and not be reasonable. As with anything, going to be good days and not so good days. Just have to go with the flow and look on the positives.

The wife and I used them the first two times in Coz....We had a good experience with them both times....We've since switched to Scuba Club and love it...

My husband and I dived with Sand Dollar Sports in June 2009. We hired a private divemaster for me because I did not feel comfortable as a newly certified diver. The divemaster was terrific. He was very attentive and I felt very safe under his supervision. We plan to take our two teenagers diving in Cozumel in December with Sand Dollar Sports and ask for the same private divemaster.

My husband and I dived with Sand Dollar Sports in June 2009. We hired a private divemaster for me because I did not feel comfortable as a newly certified diver. The divemaster was terrific. He was very attentive and I felt very safe under his supervision. We plan to take our two teenagers diving in Cozumel in December with Sand Dollar Sports and ask for the same private divemaster.

We are staying at the Wydham, emailed Sand Dollar for prices not on thier web page, got the prices and then asked if they dive as a group or dive until low on air, along with if there was a cash discount. Got a smart a** answer back basicly saying what do I mean. When emailing back again if there was a discount paying in cash, I'm still waiting and it's been over a week. I'll be looking for another op, there are too many others on Coz that will answer my question and gladly take my money.

I stayed at the Wyndham last January and dove with Blue Angel who picked me up at the Wyndham Pier (no cost at the time, but I think that may have changed). The Blue Angel and Blue XT-Sea boats would pick up at the pier later than Sand Dollar, sometimes 15 minutes later, and we would fly by them on the way to the sites because our boats were so much faster than theirs. I did three night dives with Sand Dollar however. It was easier to do a night dive with them than to take a taxi into town to join my dive op. I found the Sand Dollar boat and crew to be just OK. The night dives were awesome though and not to be missed even if you have to go with a just OK operation.

(((kevin)))

Back
Top Bottom