Anyone use Waterproof Mascara that stays on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to preface this with a note that I love any and all water sports, and it seems like I am always getting caught in front of the camera with no make-up on. (Especially since most of my "dive buddies" and "sports buddies" happen to be men.) After years of "un-tagging" myself in terrible shots, I finally decided to start looking for subtle, wearable make-up for these trips and I have found some pretty good stuff.

So no worries about seeming too "girly" by asking this question. :wink: I (and probably most of the ladies on here) understand where you are coming from.

Not go jump on the bandwagon, but I also use Maybelline waterproof mascara. As long as your don't accidentally rub your eyes, it will stay on all day (even through a few mask clearings). Also, Maybelline's Color Tattoo creme eyeshadow does well in water too. They claim that it lasts 24 hours. I don't know about that, but I have worn it swimming at the beach, and on 1-2 hour long dives and it stayed in place all day. (Again, with no rubbing.) As for eyeliner, I have found that most pencil eyeliner stays on pretty well compared to liquid eyeliner in water. I also tend to carry some sort of wet, make-up remover wipes (usually Olay cleansing wipes) just in case I accidentally rub my eyes or get a case of the "raccoon eyes" Hope this helps! :blinking:

First make sure you do not have any left over eyeliner on and then I have found that the Colossal Volume that is water proof by I believe it is by Maybeline in a yellow tube seems to work well for me.

I've had good luck using "Lashblast" by Covergirl. It's about the only way I can still prove I'm a girl after a drysuit dive, excepting that my d/s has blue Hawaiian flowers on it :cheerleader: :D

I just found out this weekend that my full face mask keeps my "face" in place! Most products on my face were Lancome. Granted my face didn't get really wet, but I left the quarry with my makeup all on. This is a feat since my skin in pretty oily. Underwater photos were taken and I actually looked good!

Didn't think of that benefit when I got my full face mask.

Hilarious, as I just had this conversation with a buddy the other day. I accidentally left my eyeliner on one diving day, and after two dives and intentionally flooding my mask as it was fogging up and annoying me, I removed my mask and hood and realized that my eyeliner was perfectly in place, not a smudge or smear or flake in sight! Makeup Forever Aqualiner - it's lovely.

I also use Mabeline, either Steletto or Falsies. Works fine for me.

As for eyeliner, I don't use it much but I do know that the MAC waterproof liquid liner wears like CEMENT. It's hard to take off even WITH waterproof makeup remover!

I think L'oreal is having a great collection of mascarra that works very well under water. You should check out and choose your item. I am depending on this brand for some time and using its products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom