Anyone using SP-560 UZ and PT-037

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it's a superzoom camera, and the housing is long, and with wideangle, doesn't the housing mask out the margin of the picture?
No. Wide angles are fine.

Tried out an SP-560 / PT-037 / UFL-1

I tried out an SP-560UZ with a PT-037 and UFL-1 that a friend is thinking of selling. Although it was only in the pool since our ice dive is a couple of weeks away, I am pretty impressed with the camera and housing. Even though I don't know anything about underwater photography, I thought my shots were reasonable using the 3 underwater modes. :confused:
The camera was very easy to use both in and out of the housing. The buttons labels are easy to read and operate. I guess I should have tried it wearing gloves. I don't really think those fingerless gloves are an option in upstate NY for 10 months out of 12. I really like the double O-ring on the clamshell since flooding is my biggest worry. The case seemed a little bulky at first but i didn't notice it after a few minutes.
I used the UFL-1 on a short arm mounted above the camera's standard flash. That would be the first thing I would change by going with a UFL-2 and adding a plate and flex arm to the side. The case was about 1/2 pound buoyant. Will that be enough to make it neutral?

Brian doing a scuba review.
P1220039.jpg

I put a couple of fish tank reefs in the water at 8ft and the pool lights were on but not near the subject - with internal flash only.

P1220016.jpg

The macro mode was very nice.
P1220018.jpg

Although my pictures need a lot of work, I think this will be a great initial setup to learn with until I can come to grips with taking my new E-520 DSLR to 100ft. :shocked2:

Stripey the 1 eyed pirate cat in her normal position.
P1220005.jpg

For you folks using the SP-560, what flash are you using and how do you mount it?

Thanks,

Jeff

Nice photos Jeff. I won first place (high score in 3 competitions) in my camera club's nature photography category, advanced class, with my 560. It's a great little camera.

These 2 won medals:
Ribboneellevelssharpenedsat.jpg

BubbleCoralShrimp.jpg

These 4 won awards
Clown2croppedclonedsaturationsharpe.jpg

BandedCoralShrimpcroppedlevelscolor.jpg

BlueSilverNudibranch.jpg

ReticulatedDascyllus.jpg

Well, I bought the SP-560 and PT-037 from my friend. If I didn't know better I would swear they were never out of the boxes. Now I'm looking for arms and strobes and a case and spare O-rings and a tether and ......

Luckily I have to travel near NYC for business and will be there for the Beneath the Sea show. I $hould be able to find everything I need and more$.

Someone once asked me if I have any inexpensive hobbies. --- I still don't understand the question.

Jeff

Ha. Outfitting the Oly is peanuts compared to a DSLR. LOL

Congrats on your new baby. I got a lot of stuff (like spare o-rings) from B&H.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom