Anyone Using the White's MK3 Glacier Thermal Socks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikecotrone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dove a 40 minute dive today in my Whites Fusion Bullet and I used the neoprene socks that come with it (over my cotton socks). My toes got a bit cold and I was going to get some wool socks. However I saw that Whites has the MK3 socks and I wanted to see if these were better than wool socks?

Thanks!

I recommend the Mk3 socks. I have a pair that I used two weekends back while ice diving at Square Lake in Minnesota. The water temperature was 34 degrees (F). I wore the Mk3 boots with a medium weight Smartwool sock underneath. My feet were very comfortable, though the two together were a bit bulky.

In mid-September I dove the Madiera wreck at Lake Superior with two pair of wool socks (medium weight), and a water temperature of 41 degrees (F). Even with two pair of socks, my feet were a bit cold.

I really like the Mk3 socks. In hindsight, I probably would have been fine on the ice dives with the Mk3 and a lightweight wicking sock.

For reference, I dive a Whites Fusion Tech suit with the Fusion boots.

I recommend the Mk3 socks. I have a pair that I used two weekends back while ice diving at Square Lake in Minnesota. The water temperature was 34 degrees (F). I wore the Mk3 boots with a medium weight Smartwool sock underneath. My feet were very comfortable, though the two together were a bit bulky.

In mid-September I dove the Madiera wreck at Lake Superior with two pair of wool socks (medium weight), and a water temperature of 41 degrees (F). Even with two pair of socks, my feet were a bit cold.

I really like the Mk3 socks. In hindsight, I probably would have been fine on the ice dives with the Mk3 and a lightweight wicking sock.

For reference, I dive a Whites Fusion Tech suit with the Fusion boots.

Thank you! I dive the Whites Fusion Bullet with the Fusion boots also. I will be getting the MK3 socks and thanks for the review!

Cotton is not a good material to wear under a DS. It doesn't wick, it absorbs moisture, it contributes to thermal lose.

I just used mine for the first time tonight, much warmer than regular wool socks but very bulky! I had a thin pair of Merino wool socks underneath.

Most of my dives have been in 35-40 degrees water, and I use tent boots with polyester filling. No joke. Works perfectly. :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom