Anyone with the Deepblu cosmiq? Thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ls1dreams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I'm looking for an entry level dive computer that meets these specs:

Must haves:
- air/nitrox
- easy to read screen, not cluttered
- easy navigation (no one-button mares type stuff)
- definitely under $300, pref under $200

Nice to haves:
- maybe dual algs? honestly i'm not sure if I'd ever run DSAT. Buhlman seems appealing because it is based on actual (though limited) human testing data.
- wireless connection or cheap cable (there's a $10 suunto cable clone on aliexpress)
- backlight
- p02 reading - would this be useful for rec diving < 40m?

Don't care
-
compass
- tri-mix info
- integrated air
- small watch type size

I have no intentions of tech diving in the future, so I don't really need something to "grow into".

How do people like the Deepblu cosmiq? My main 2 concerns are:

1. battery life - it sounds like you can only get 6-7 hours, which isn't even enough to last all day for a liveaboard without a recharge. additionally, after 3 years or so most of these batteries only have half of their capacity, so i'd be looking at 4-5 hours or so of runtime
2. it's relatively new - there are some mixed reviews on its calculations

I'm in love with the screen layout, but am not sure about the above. A Suunto zoop battery will last something like a year or more!

Last edited:
Deepblu is very conservative, even on liberal (progressive) setting, with their proprietary version of Buhlmann. I could not dive it.

Wouldn't I be better off getting the Aeris A300 for $100 less which is nearly identical?

Sure, if you still can get it and it has full warranty (new).

Just got Mares Quad for 220. Best specs so far for the price range.

Just got Mares Quad for 220. Best specs so far for the price range.
Where did you pick up a quad for that price? I am holding out for the deep 6 but might be interested in the quad for that price.

Where did you pick up a quad for that price? I am holding out for the deep 6 but might be interested in the quad for that price.
Scuba.com, but this price only shows on my PC, not on my phone.

I have a Cosmiq.

A few of the things I like:
1) Being able to set all settings via my iPhone.
2) Screen is bright and clearly readable.
3) Simple operation (because most settings are done via the phone)

Cons:
1) Only logging to cloud service now (but that will probably change if MacDive or Divelog authors get around to it)
2) Very conservative Buhlmann variant - my primary computer is still my shearwater.

And yes, or Deep 6 Computer is coming, the internal hardware is finished, the software is 90% the way I want right now, just need a few small case changes.

Cheers,
Landon

Back
Top Bottom