AOW diver looking for Cavern Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear you'll be diving this weekend, Walter! I'll be out on the Mill Pond with some students. Hope you see you!

Before going out and spending money on tech gear, you might want to research sidemount. Even though at this point you are only looking at taking a cavern course, that has been known to change the lives of many. Before you know it you are living, breathing, dreaming about caves. The next thing is buying the gear to do it and there are many more options available these days.

Why have him look into sidemount gear so quick? He just completed AOW and already said he has to let his bank account recover.

He can do the cavern course in the gear he has now with a few modifications. That is his best bet at this point. Plus cavern is a great way for someone to figure out if cave is what they want to do or not.

Scuba_Redneck, I say call a few instructors and speak to them. Find out what they offer you in terms of the class, where you will be doing the cavern dives, and what is required gear-wise. Good luck on your search.

Joe, re-read my post. I stated, "Before going out and spending money on tech gear..." Just trying to provide the OP with all the options out there before a bunch of money is spent on new gear. I'm not trying to get anyone to change their gear right away.

Joe, re-read my post. I stated, "Before going out and spending money on tech gear..." Just trying to provide the OP with all the options out there before a bunch of money is spent on new gear. I'm not trying to get anyone to change their gear right away.

Well, if that's the case.... I agree. :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom