AOW in CT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking to take the AOW course. I want to find a shop that is really going to be thorough and not Pay And Dive Immediately. No offense to PADI but I have heard some not so good things about their AOW courses. My LDS teaches NAUI and I am considering using them again but want to know if any CT divers out there know of alternatives or have experiences to share.

I got my OW a few years at Scuba Shack in Rocky Hill and I was very impressed.

They are DIR knowledgable, their instrucotrs do some serious diving, and they fill NITROX.

It's a PADI shop, but, who cares, it's the instrcutor that matter.

But really want to shop around. Want to get the most I can out of it.

with scuba shack.

I believe they take their AOW classes down to Dutch Springs (a quarry) in eastern Pa.

You met Tom (the owner) the other week. I don't think he teaches. You know Dan. He's a dm (or at least a candidate... not positive which). Paul is an instructor there (his name here is Paul168341). Ed seems to be a great instructor.... I say seems to be because I haven't taken a class with him, YET.

I don't think you could do better, but you could certainly do worse.

PM Dan with specific questions.

I know that Ed will emphasize buoyancy control, trim, etc., along with the AOW basics.

Ed's a good instructor...

He DM'd for me for awhile. :wink:

Actually, we were in the DM class together, I became an instructor first.

Like MASS-diver said, its the instructor that matters. :)

PM me, if your serious. I'll do it. :doctor:

Nope, still at Medway :bonk:

I assume you're still "safe"

Haven't really been lurking, only for the past few days...

I hope to be "back" at least in a limited capacity, I also just p/u a few privates at the shop :)

yup, good to be back...

I dont know if you decided yet, but I'm from Rocky Hill, so while biased I would definately recommend Scuba Shack. I knew the old owner and they have a lot of experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom