Apek XTX100 servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KarlZeiss

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Fellow divers,

I recently sent my Apek XTX100 regulator for servicing with a LDS. I received it 2 weeks later but when i checked the white disc filter that usually on the 1st stage is no longer there( usually it sits at the part that i placed my dust-cap). I clarified and was told that it was due to new package that the filter is now installed inside. attached a picture of it.

I do trust the LDS but would like to ask for second opinion or if anyone has recently serviced their apek xtx and had similar observation. As a matter of fact, i find it quite useful to have the white filter as it was also an indicator based on its color of how "used" my regulator was.

Thanks and appreciate for any input.

Cheers.
CM

Attachments

• apekxtx100.jpeg
    apekxtx100.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 132
Unless there are regional variations, that doesn’t sound right. Older kit had a conical filter and a white filter screen on yoke versions. Diver could see the white filter screen, a plastic disc with a pattern of holes.
New kit instead has only a flat white Porvair filter disc installed where the screen was, the interior conical filter is no longer used in yoke. The conical continues to be the only filter part used in DIN versions.
Sounds like your shop may have been confused by the filter change.

My recommendation would be to contact Apeks in UK directly with your concerns.

I checked a few of the service kits and they all have a sintered metal cone filter so, yes I don’t think it’s an issue.

I checked a few of the service kits and they all have a sintered metal cone filter so, yes I don’t think it’s an issue.
The cone is still included in the kits for use with DIN. New kits no longer include the filter screen for yoke. So this instance probably has the cone filter installed, but without benefit of the screen. Correct configuration for yoke is new white disc filter ONLY. So, good enough as is? Maybe. But you paid them to do it right, not almost right.

The cone is still included in the kits for use with DIN. New kits no longer include the filter screen for yoke. So this instance probably has the cone filter installed, but without benefit of the screen. Correct configuration for yoke is new white disc filter ONLY. So, good enough as is? Maybe. But you paid them to do it right, not almost right.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.if i look inside, i can see like a gold colored filter thing and this matches what you have explained here. it does sounds like i need a follow up to my LDS as i wouldn't be comfortable diving without a proper configuration on my 1st stage.

My recommendation would be to contact Apeks in UK directly with your concerns.
on that note, i did send a separate mail to Apek for clarification.

Thanks All! very helpful. :)

Thanks Jay! Meanwhile i sent an email to Apek for clarification. i wish the service manual was published somewhere so we end-user can cross-check but so far only found the older version.

I did look at the TX 100 service manual (older) and it does include part #1406 disk filter for yoke. So, I'm thinking they used the service kit for DIN vs Yoke.

I did look at the TX 100 service manual (older) and it does include part #1406 disk filter for yoke. So, I'm thinking they used the service kit for DIN vs Yoke.
At least in the US there is only the one service kit containing parts for both yoke and DIN. I don’t know if the kits are imported “as is” or if they are assembled in the US from bulk components the way they do with Aqualung, and thus vary from other areas. Considering the package and insert is very different from Aqualung US kits, I think these are probably the same kits as other markets.

I think they didn’t read or didn’t understand the memo regarding the change. Or... they are not using actual OEM kits.

At least in the US there is only the one service kit containing parts for both yoke and DIN. I don’t know if the kits are imported “as is” or if they are assembled in the US from bulk components the way they do with Aqualung, and thus vary from other areas. Considering the package and insert is very different from Aqualung US kits, I think these are probably the same kits as other markets.

I think they didn’t read or didn’t understand the memo regarding the change. Or... they are not using actual OEM kits.
Agreed, that could be the case..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom