Apeks ATX and TX - Whats the diff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Hi,
New to Apeks regs - considering buying one for my next rers, but I can't ascertain the diff between the ATX and TX models...

Can anyone HELP?

I believe the ATX regs come with a yoke first stage standard, whereas the TX come with a standard DIN first stage.

A friend of mine was asking about the difference between the ATX-40 alternate, and the TX-40 alternate, and personally I had no idea other than the smaller exhaust ports...

Ahh, here we go...Apek's web site says:

The new ATX50 second stage is smaller and 25% lighter than its TX50 predecessor. This results in less jaw fatigue and less drag.

there's been A LOT of discussion on the differences. Pros, cons, bubble interference, etc. There are so many members here that love Apeks, so it's a common topic. I'm sure if you do a search you'll find a couple of threads exactly like yours.

good luck,
Mike

Originally posted by funky__monks
I believe the ATX regs come with a yoke first stage standard, whereas the TX come with a standard DIN first stage.
Nope.

The TX50 and ATX50 both come with the identical DST swivel first stage standard. Both are available in either yoke or DIN, and neither fitting is "standard" - its a specified option. That being said, yoke is more common in the US, and DIN in Europe and elsewhere, so anything you see in a shop in the US is probably yoke, and in Europe, DIN.

The real difference is the size of the second stages. The TX50 is the original design, and still available. The ATX50 is a newer design that's been around for a year or so, and is a smaller lighter regulator, with the same internal design, and a smaller exhaust. As SPEEDSTER said, do a search on this website and you'll find some threads (ok, a lot of threads) discussing ATX regulators.

Ben

Apparantly according to someone from one of my LDS's, the ATX 2nd is smaller (as stated) but that does equate into more noticable comfort.... apparantly and he has used both and just bought the ATX 200 for personal use. But he sold me! :blush:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom