Apeks ATX series observation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xoomboy once bubbled...

Just dropped them a note. Will post their answer when I receive it.

Matt

This was the reply that I got:

".......The main difference between the two is the ATX200 valve has
a removable seat in the first stage and the gas routings are slightly
different, the 2nd stages are technically the same they are both compact and
have the same features eg, venturi control, cracking resistance knob, micro
adjuster.
If you let me have your address I will put one of our brochures in the post
and some more details about our ATX range of regulators......."

This isn't a very big con. There is £7 difference in the recommended retail price for the ATX100 and the ATX200 (1st and 2nd package)

PS I'll second that apeks customer support is great. Every email I have sent has been answered the same day.

nickjb once bubbled...
This isn't a very big con. There is £7 difference in the recommended retail price for the ATX100 and the ATX200 (1st and 2nd package)

PS I'll second that apeks customer support is great. Every email I have sent has been answered the same day.

In Germany, the ATX100 is $90 cheaper than the ATX200. That why I choose the ATX100.

by the way. has anyone got the new service manuals for the ATX-series?

please drop me a private message if you have them....

Dive S.A.F.E.!

Hi Matthew,

I will try to answer your questions;

> ATX200 second stage regulators. I've recently heard that the only difference is the decal on the front of the casing. The inner workings and casing are the exact same.

This is true the 2nd stage of the regulators are the same.

> I have also heard that the actual reason for the difference in names comes from the first stage. The ATX200 supposedly has a lighter first stage regulator that goes along with it.

The ATX200 does have a different 1st stage, but it is no lighter than the ATX100, they are about the same. The ATX200 is designed differently inside to give a higher, more responsive gas flow than the ATX100 1st stage, but they do share some of the same parts.

> It doesn't really make sense to me that the second stages are named differently just because of the difference in the first stage
construction.

We sell regulators as complete sets, 1st and 2nd stages together, so changing the 1st stage would mean that we would have to change the name of the whole regulator to stop confusion.

> If the first stage is truly the reason behind the naming difference, then can I assume that the two second stages would cost the same amount if I were to purchase each of them solo, without a first stage?

Yes, the two 2nd stages are generally the same price. This may vary in some countries, as we leave pricing policies in other countries to each distributor, but they should be about the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Landon Helsby
Technical Service Manager

----- Original Message -----
To: <info@apeks.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 7:08 PM
Subject: Question regarding ATX100/200 second stage regulator

Hi there,

I'm wondering if you can settle a small debate between a couple of friends. I'm trying to determine what the difference is between the Apeks ATX100 and ATX200 second stage regulators. I've recently heard that the only difference is the decal on the front of the casing. The inner workings and casing are the exact same.

I have also heard that the actual reason for the difference in names comes from the first stage. The ATX200 supposedly has a lighter first stage regulator that goes along with it.

It doesn't really make sense to me that the second stages are named differently just because of the difference in the first stage
construction.

If the first stage is truly the reason behind the naming difference, then can I assume that the two second stages would cost the same amount if I were to purchase each of them solo, without a first stage?

Thank you for your time, and happy holidays!

Matt

Matthew Drayer
Web Development Coordinator
HCPro / Opus Communications
Marblehead MA
mdrayer@hcpro.com

techdiver12 once bubbled...
the tx 100 is no long made
However the ATX100 is. The TX100 and ATX100 have different second stages (or second stage diaphragm covers at least), and a different finish to the first stage (which is otherwise identical).

Scubaroo once bubbled...
However the ATX100 is. The TX100 and ATX100 have different second stages (or second stage diaphragm covers at least), and a different finish to the first stage (which is otherwise identical).

:bonk:

dont forget that suunto teno's are still available.

The ATX100 does not exist. There is an ATX50 and a TX50, but the TX100 is no longer being made. It is not on the Seaquest/Apeks website or in the 2003 dealer catalog. You are mistaken. The second stage diffrence between the TX100 and the ATX200 is that the ATX200 is 25% smaller than the TX100. The first stages are very similar in performace but the ATX200 has a slightly different layout.

Fuzzy once bubbled...
The ATX100 does not exist. There is an ATX50 and a TX50, but the TX100 is no longer being made. It is not on the Seaquest/Apeks website or in the 2003 dealer catalog. You are mistaken. The second stage diffrence between the TX100 and the ATX200 is that the ATX200 is 25% smaller than the TX100. The first stages are very similar in performace but the ATX200 has a slightly different layout.

http://www.apeks.co.uk/apekshome.htm

Products-->Our Product Range --> Regulators

You will see that both the ATX100 and TX100 are still being made and sold.

Happy Holidays.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom