Apeks Flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pelan-pelan

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone used an Apeks Flight yet?

Had a look at it at the London Dive Show at the weekend. Not sure that the 1st stage is any lighter than an Aqualung Mikron.

What about the reg? Breathe? Bubble interference?

The household is having a lighter equipment drive - much of our stuff is about ready for a bit of a turn-around. So far we think titanium not worth it. Miflex hoses = useful weight reduction. "Travel" BCs could be a good idea but not so durable as the ancient Mares Vectra that is nearly 15 yrs young!

So lighter 1st stages - we are watching that space.

I'll be getting an Apeks Flight to test as soon as they have units ready, looks like the beginning of May.

The first stage is around the same weight as a Mikron, so lighter than most others on the market, but the difference is that the Apeks is cold-water rated, whereas the Mikron is not. If you are planning on the odd cold-water dive, then the Apeks is the route to go.

I like the fact that the Miflex hoses are fitted to the primary and octo regs as standard, so add a Miflex low-pressure BCD hose and a Miflex hi-pressure hose to the mix and you'd have a very light, compact reg for travelling with.

I'll let you know what I think of it once I get my hands on one.

Mark

You can also buy Legent LX 2009 version that has micron frst stage and cold water KIT with Legent second stage.

Regards

Marcin

Last edited:
You are correct John B.

I started to add that info, but i got sidetracked and did not get back to it. The Titan LX 2009 models also have the ACD included.

I like the fact that the Miflex hoses are fitted to the primary and octo regs as standard, so add a Miflex low-pressure BCD hose and a Miflex hi-pressure hose to the mix and you'd have a very light, compact reg for travelling with.

Just noticed that the Flight comes with a Miflex-type hose with a custom "no-tool" fitting (LP hose to second stage connection) as standard - looks like the Flight second stage won't accept a standard hose fitting... I guess if you want to change the length of the LP hoses you would need to use XTX second stages?

They might have changed the connector port type so that you couldn't just buy something like the DS4 1st stage and attach the Flight 2nd stage... which is something I am interested in looking into.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom