Apeks FST 1st Stage (XTX200) drysuit hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wunat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I just bought an Apeks XTX200 from a friend and is thinking about rigging it for my single tank diving. I have a questions with regards to the hose routings for the inflator hoses. Do I route it to LP port 1 or LP port 2? (picture attached)

I was using a DST first stage (with 5th port) where the ports are more angled. I use to route the drysuit inflator hose to port number 1 and wing inflator hose to port number 2. When rigged, the wing inflator hose will run over the drysuit hose.

Do I do the same for FST I should I route it differently? Thank you!!!!

Attachments

• ApeksFSR.jpg
    ApeksFSR.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 116
I have done it both ways with this particular Apeks first stage: hose 1 to the wing, and hose 2 to the drysuit, vs hose 1 to the drysuit, and hose 2 to the wing. . And, I find both ways 'work'. It comes down to a matter of personal preference. Personally, I slightly prefer the latter. But, the convenience of a particular approach, at least for me, is also influenced by how I route my HP hose - down my side with the SPG clipped on a hip D-ring, or under the arm and 'up', with the SPG clipped to a chest D-ring.

My suggestion: try both and see which you prefer. Neither is 'wrong'.

Agree with others re not really making much of a difference, FWIW I have wing out of 1 and DS hose out of 2. I have tried both ways but had a slight preference for hose routing as above.

Back
Top Bottom