Apeks O-rings vs. McMaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Working on converting this to Word and PDF now.
But @buddhasummer , the listed ID's don't quite match the BS1806 size that's attributed.

For example, the first item AP1154 is a 1.78x6mm.
A BS1806 010 is 1.78x6.07mm

So my question is, which is correct?
Is the Apeks oring 6mm ID and a BS010 is the closest match? Or is the listed ID rounded off?
The reason I ask is that the width is the precise cross section of a BS1806 oring.

Did Apeks really spec those ID's?
It probably doesn't matter, but it would be nice to know.

I tried but seems it's beyond my IT skill level. Happy to email it you you to see if you can do so.
Sold.

received...thanks.

Working on converting this to Word and PDF now.
But @buddhasummer , the listed ID's don't quite match the BS1806 size that's attributed.

For example, the first item AP1154 is a 1.78x6mm.
A BS1806 010 is 1.78x6.07mm

So my question is, which is correct?
Is the Apeks oring 6mm ID and a BS010 is the closest match? Or is the listed ID rounded off?
The reason I ask is that the width is the precise cross section of a BS1806 oring.

Did Apeks really spec those ID's?
It probably doesn't matter, but it would be nice to know.

I heave no idea, these are just files I picked up along the DIY way.

The info is now in expert hands, I'll leave it to you guys.

No expert, don't have any Apeks so I'll leave the proofreading to those more familiar.

Attachments

• APEKS O-ring chart.pdf
    74.5 KB · Views: 135
  • apeks_o-ring_specificaties.pdf
    9.4 KB · Views: 370
Here's a crosswalk using Buddha's data, along with a Word file from another of our SB members from long ago.
As you'll see, I can't find a spec for a BS607, but coincidentally, it matches an old Parker 5-series perfectly.
McMaster has EPDM orings in most of the sizes, but the Shore is only 70.
If you take Viton, you'll get Shore 75, which is closer.
There's only one o-ring which is N/A via McMaster.
I've coded the crosswalk green if the McMaster o-ring manufacturing tolerance covered the spec size on Buddha's list.
It's in yellow if the manufacturing tolerance was slightly smaller or larger than the listed size.
I frankly can't believe that Apeks would spec a standard cross-section like 1.78mm/0.070'', and then use an oddball ID.
My guess is that the list ID's are rounded off. It was the very last o-ring (a BS607) that I can't find in any list, that made me think this way, since it perfectly matches a Parker 5-632.

Attachments

• Apeks Oring List.docx
    19.8 KB · Views: 144
  • APEKS Oring Crosswalk.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 148
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom