Apeks Reg with HOG Service Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I overheard a guy saying something about Apeks regs being compatible with HOG service kits. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?
2nd stage they use the lp seat and o ring check it out also fits the aqualung leg. and the older bueshout zeagle and many others

buy a $7 hp seat and check it out one allen wrench and 2 minutes you will know

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2013 at 08:04 PM ----------

What about the first stage?
my friend Neil uses apex seats in his tilos regulators

What about the first stage?

My buddy has used the HOG kits for his apeks regs in the past. He's currently in Coz but I'll PM him about this thread.

Is there a big difference in cost between Apeks and HOG repair kit?
Do they both use the same material(EPDM) for the O-rings?

The newer style aqualung diaphragms (2nd stage) with the plastic hexagonal demand lever depressors are a wonderful upgrade for Apeks regulators. The factory Apeks diaphragms have a tendency to "taco" really badly...to the point where I'm nervous about whether or not the cover is full "biting" the material and preventing it from slipping out and causing a regulator failure.

I happen to have both on hand :). The HOG HP seats are the white ones while the HOG LP seats are the larger ones. The diameters of the shafts/body seems to be the same (I'm too lazy to break out the caliper......)
2013-03-04 18.48.43.jpg2013-03-04 18.46.03.jpg2013-03-04 18.46.23.jpg2013-03-04 18.46.50.jpg2013-03-04 18.48.33.jpg

HOG service kits (o-rings) come in either Viton or Buna-N. Your choice...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom