Apeks Reg with HOG Service Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see an issue with the thickness of the 1st stage soft seats. They are of different thickness and this may affect the compression of the spring attached to the HP balance plug and affect seating/seating pressure.

I see an issue with the thickness of the 1st stage soft seats. They are of different thickness and this may affect the compression of the spring attached to the HP balance plug and affect seating/seating pressure.

Possibly but I have the used service kits from my old Apek/Zeagle in which only official kits were used until I started servicing my own. I have both white and black seats as well as slightly different shapes. Since this is a diaphragm reg some difference in length can be compensated for with IP spring adjustment. Photos of greatly different colors can create optical illusions so unless we actually measure them, it's hard to determine if they are the same length or not. Years ago when Promate came out -same OEM- I ordered a kit to see if it would fit my Apeks/Zeagle..I never installed it but I did measure it with a micrometer...dead on in critical dimensions. Mixing and matching reg internals can work but you must proceed with caution, I can promise you no manufacturer will agree that it will work.

Are there any other kits that are known to work with other regs that are harder to get kits for? For example a Zeagle kit that works on a Scubapro reg or visa versa?

AquaLung HP seat, chamber 0 ring and diaphragm work in most Mares diaphragm regs......seat doesn't work in the SCS (spherical cone seat) models.

AquaLung HP seat, chamber 0 ring and diaphragm work in most Mares diaphragm regs......seat doesn't work in the SCS (spherical cone seat) models.

On some you need to replace the pin as well, they are different lengths but otherwise they work nicely.

I in no way advocate anyone using something other than a manufacturer's own service kits to service their regulators.

That being said, I have used HOG 1st stage kits in my Apeks DST's without issue. All the o-ring sizes match up fine.

The HOG 2nd stage kits work in my Apeks TX50's with the exception of the barrel o-ring on the balance chamber, which are slightly smaller on the HOG kits, which allows some air to bleed past. This is rather easily overcome as you can buy 100 of the correct size o-ring for $7.
Jake

Possibly but I have the used service kits from my old Apek/Zeagle in which only official kits were used until I started servicing my own. I have both white and black seats as well as slightly different shapes. Since this is a diaphragm reg some difference in length can be compensated for with IP spring adjustment. Photos of greatly different colors can create optical illusions so unless we actually measure them, it's hard to determine if they are the same length or not. Years ago when Promate came out -same OEM- I ordered a kit to see if it would fit my Apeks/Zeagle..I never installed it but I did measure it with a micrometer...dead on in critical dimensions. Mixing and matching reg internals can work but you must proceed with caution, I can promise you no manufacturer will agree that it will work.

I have an old Zeagle Envoy, which I bought soon after the changeover from Apeks to Zeagle made regs. I haven't used it in years, but probably should service at least the second stage. I wonder will the Aqualung Titan LX/Legend or Apeks second stage kits, which I have and which are essentially the same, will fit the Zeagle Envoy second?

they are made by seadivers.com.tw/ witch is jointly owend by tusa jonson wax lq. air americian dive prod. and IST

---------- Post added March 4th, 2013 at 10:55 AM ----------

Are there any other kits that are known to work with other regs that are harder to get kits for? For example a Zeagle kit that works on a Scubapro reg or visa versa?

scuba pro difernt for 2nd stage check out one of the IST seats maybe the 260??:cool2:

---------- Post added March 4th, 2013 at 11:00 AM ----------

trident in calif. they sell most of what you may need for different lp and hp seats and sp tools

---------- Post added March 4th, 2013 at 11:07 AM ----------

you can ajust the spring and orfice you genrealy half to fine tune for break effort I set mine at about 3/4 inch

It's not a issue if you use HOG service kits with HOG regs and Apeks service kits with Apeks regs...just saying...

It's not a issue if you use HOG service kits with HOG regs and Apeks service kits with Apeks regs...just saying...

Now what fun would that be?:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom