Apeks Reg with HOG Service Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm confused, you aren't a HOG dealer and I can't find any Apeks stuff on your web site. Only service kits I see there are the ones for Zeagle. I wouldn't recommend using Zeagle kits in Apeks and STRONGLY suggest people not use them in HOG.
Why not just order the correct service kits from Zeagle Express?

What a shame. We can put a pig's heart valve in a human's heart but can't put HOG parts in an Apeks regulator even though they fit and work fine.:shakehead:

some of them fit, work fine I wouldn't go that far...honestly. Our HP seat is a different thickness and durometer, we use some different size o'rings in a few different spots, the diaphragm is different thickness. You won't be getting optimal performance when you do that and you also won't get as much dependability and like I have said, I sure don't recommend it.

But the pigs valve was funny... :)

What a shame. We can put a pig's heart valve in a human's heart but can't put HOG parts in an Apeks regulator even though they fit and work fine.:shakehead:

Why would you want to put Hog parts into an Apeks? No offence to Cerich I am sure his parts are nice, but I can buy a genuine Apeks, imported from England, first stage kit from NESS for $30.00. Alternatively I can buy a Hog kit from Dive Gear Express for $26.00 and save a whopping $4.00, unless there is a significantly cheaper source or you have a heck of a lot of regulators, I don't see the economy in this.

I understand having to source parts for Scubapro because they are hard to find and generally very expensive when found on eBay. However, Apeks parts are generally easier to find and more reasonably priced. Now, can we use a BP-2 seat in a MK-20?

Why would you want to put Hog parts into an Apeks?

I think the reason reason behind this is because Aqualung doesn't allow owners to buy service kits..... and HOG sells them openly (in order to support their customers).

True, but you really should have a 'factory trained' surgeon install the pig's valve, it's not exactly DIY...

I think the reason reason behind this is because Aqualung doesn't allow owners to buy service kits..... and HOG sells them openly (in order to support their customers).

Mike, did you read my entire post? You can purchase service kits from NESS for a very reasonable amount of money ($30). Other online sources have sold them from time to time also. I am not sure why Apeks parts are easier to get than Scubapro's but they are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom