Apeks TX40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've a TX-40. It is a great piece of equipment. Never frozen, though I've dived at air temp below 0 Celsius :thumb:.

I've no reason to want something else :).

Does anybody have information on servicing the TX-40? I won't give my reg away to anyone but me for servicing :nono: ....

hey everyone, thanks for the info. I recieved my reg today and took it home to set it up immediately. I can tell by the feel that it is a quality piece of equipment. I can't wait to get out there to try it out.. although I am going to hit the pool once first :wink:

Cool! Let me know how it works out for you. Looking at maybe a TX50 myself, but if you say the 40 is good then maybe I'll get that and save some dough.

Murdock,

The TX-40 and the TX-50 are in every respect Identical 2nd stages except for the fine trim knob added to the TX-50.

So if you are interested in saving a couple of bucks yeah, go ahead and get the TX-40.

What I don't understand however, is how come the price of the regulator dropps by sometimes more than half just because you change its color to yellow and call it an Octo / Alternate Air source? The TX-40 is often sold seperately or in conjuction with the TX-50 as an Octo. The only difference between this TX-40 and the TX-40 Main 2nd stage regulator is the color. Yet...I can by the octo one at vastly reduced prices.

A rose by any other name...

SpyderTek

Originally posted by SpyderTek
What I don't understand however, is how come the price of the regulator dropps by sometimes more than half just because you change its color to yellow and call it an Octo / Alternate Air source? The TX-40 is often sold seperately or in conjuction with the TX-50 as an Octo. The only difference between this TX-40 and the TX-40 Main 2nd stage regulator is the color. Yet...I can by the octo one at vastly reduced prices.
SpyderTek

Often (not always) the "regulator" quote means "first stage+second stage+hose", while the "octopus" quote means "second stage+hose"

Buyer beware!

Originally posted by Murdock325
Cool! Let me know how it works out for you. Looking at maybe a TX50 myself, but if you say the 40 is good then maybe I'll get that and save some dough.
You can try my TX50 if we do some dives together this summer.

The first stages are the same but the second stage of the 40 seems a little light to me... maybe thats just the missing adjustments though! Zeagle Flathead 6 is a nice reg also!

to check out my new equipment. I will be diving in Malaga Cover or Christmas Tree Cove in Palos Verdes, CA. Some nice kelp and reefs down there. I will let everyone know how the reg works out. wish me luck! :jester:

Originally posted by Blargh

Often (not always) the "regulator" quote means "first stage+second stage+hose", while the "octopus" quote means "second stage+hose"

Buyer beware!
Good point.

Well I've used it. I did a short dive in Christmas Tree cove on the Palos Verdes pennensula. The reg breaths very smoothly. I played around at different positions to test it out and not once did I have a problem. I tested both the Primary and the Octo and couldn't tell a difference (they are the same afterall). I did have a problem with my primary free-flowing when I took it out of my mouth to try the Octo, but a slight adjusment took care of it no problem and it never came back. I also noticed immediately how well it diverts bubbles away from the face. Well thats my report. I'd reccomend the reg to anyone.

As for the Octo $$ Vs Primary $$ mine came as a set with all three peices but I think the theory that the Octo not comming with a 1st is probably a sound.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom