Apeks vs Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My experience and the experience of the instructors and people around me is 100% opposite of your experience. This isn't to say that there is anything wrong with AL at all. In fact, AL regulators will be 5th place after SP, Atomic, Zeagle and Apeks for me.

Fair enough. There are enough brands to go around. Personally, I will stand on my 17 years of first-hand experience owning Aqua Lung regulators. All of the other regulators I've ever owned are now gone. All I own and dive are Aqua Lung. I find them reliable with amazing performance and service & parts available just about anywhere. YMMV.

When it comes to regulators, there are a group of about 7-8 manufacturers that get the job done incredibly well. Pick one and go with it. My choice was and remains Aqua Lung.

Fair enough. There are enough brands to go around. Personally, I will stand on my 17 years of first-hand experience owning Aqua Lung regulators. All of the other regulators I've ever owned are now gone. All I own and dive are Aqua Lung. I find them reliable with amazing performance and service & parts available just about anywhere. YMMV.

When it comes to regulators, there are a group of about 7-8 manufacturers that get the job done incredibly well. Pick one and go with it. My choice was and remains Aqua Lung.

There is nothing wrong with AL at all. Solid regulators. At the end, people will have different tastes for different brands just like ice cream flavors :)

(Though I realize I'm not particularly picky about how a regulator breathes. I can switch between the MTX-R, the Poseidon Xstream, and a Scubapro S600, and my verdict is they all breathe "fine" and I don't care too much for one over the other. 🤷‍♂️)
I recognize myself in this. I have an Aqualung Legend on my single-tank setup, Scubapro MK17 and S600 on my doubles setup and I recently purchased a slightly used set of Tecline R2 Tec1 for sidemount after trying it. They all breathe just fine. I am not that picky, I suppose.

AL and apeks both are great regs. The only difference is price and flash.

Residing in UK, <edit> should get Apeks:
1. Servicing should be available, at pretty much every LDS in England.
2. Your buddies will predominantly be diving Apeks.
4. MTX are nice breathing regs, and the rubber armor on the seconds saves on wear. (If price point too high on MTX, look at XTX 50.)

Residing in UK, should should get Apeks:
1. Servicing should be available, at pretty much every LDS in England.
2. Your buddies will predominantly be diving Apeks.
4. MTX are nice breathing regs, and the rubber armor on the seconds saves on wear. (If price point too high on MTX, look at XTX 50.)
Yeah Apeks are the market leaders alright. Think I'll go with them.
Cheers guys and girls.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom