Apeks XL4 servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KevinDnz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I have a friend's XL$ reg to service and, although I've done many other Apeks regs, I've never done an XL4.

I understand there is a special tool needed?
Is there a workaround for this?

Also, looking at the front face of the 2nd stage, does it just screw off like other Apeks regs or is there a process?

Any other pointers etc......

Thanks for your help :cool:

Message me your email address and I'll get you the manual. The manual says a specialized tool is needed, whether it is or not I've no idea.

Message me your email address and I'll get you the manual. The manual says a specialized tool is needed, whether it is or not I've no idea.
Hi
do you still have the service manual for a Apkes XL4?
it would be great if you can forward it to me
regards
pablo

When you figure out how to remove the XL4 faceplate, please share it!
I've been an Apeks tech for years now and have even completed the online course that Aqualung/Apeks now calls "training" for the XL4, complete with certificate! After looking at an XL4 in our shop, I couldn't remove the cover without scratching the reg, so I'm dreading the day one comes in for service. Maybe some hot water? The shop owner wouldn't let me try.

A thin grippy neoprene jar lid opener disk in the S-A-D kit. Lots of grip and arm strength help too.

There is no reason on this planet for that cover to be that hard to deal with. But they are. And I LIKE my XL4 seconds. But I have to use one of those jar openers damn near every time (First time is no doubt the worst though.)

OMMOHY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom