Apeks XTX200 - Opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaGazer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Looking at purchasing an Apeks XTX200 with XTX50 Octo, in the near future. I'm looking for opinions, good and bad from those that have used them or are qualified to service them.

I dive the realm of warm tropical waters, to ice diving - clean to cruddy water. I'm a Divemaster actively working with students. I need a solid, reliable, easy breathing, work horse of a reg that will take me through the realm of my own recreational diving and pro diving. I insist on diving an environmentally sealed reg.

If you haven't actually dived or serviced this reg, please disregard. I've already heard lots of opinions from those folks.

I have this set up and love it. I have dove from the Keys to the Great Lakes with no issues.

I have the xtx200 Tungsten.... It is fantastic. You will never need to buy another reg if you maintain it. Top of the line.
Hubby has the xtx200. Also completely satisfied. It is worth the money.

I don't have many dives on mine, but I like it. Same set-up as you mention.

To my "lungs" it breathes great - not that I have much to compare with, other than so-so rental regs. That also means I haven't noticed anything that bothers me about the reg.

I like the way the hoses route with the XTX200 first stage, and that it's environmentally sealed.

If maintained it should hold up very well.

One caveat I've read about with the first stage; apparently, because the orifice is removable, the service tech must be *very* careful not to ding the sharp edge of the orifice.

Henrik

I love mine. I paired it with the XTX 40 octo. I do not need the adjustable for the octo. I also have put a 7 ft miflex hose and a standard miflex on it.

I would buy mine again. Seems to breath easier than my wife's Aqualung Legend, but that may just be that the adjustments are different. I can't compare it to Scubapro, because I've never used them. Much better than the regs I used a few years ago when I was certified and a world of difference from the regs we rented in Mexico on our first dive there (just a couple of dives, not a dive vacation).

I like the hose routing much better than turrets.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom