Apeks XTX50 bubble deflector - Yay or Nay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it's not a "real" issue, just something to be mindful of when servicing and/or putting hose on/off. If you use two spanners, one to hold jam nut and the other to attach hose you should be fine. I always remove face plate regardless to ensure lever is straight.

On SP this is not something you need to think about.

I think SP is a better design in this aspect.
I don’t know of another brand that doesn’t lock the barrel into place but I wouldn’t be surprised is SP didn’t go to the apeks system, it would increase traffic to the dealers for tuning.

I used to play with minis many years ago and boy what a pain to work on:

If you can see it you can't touch it, and if you can touch it you can't see it🤦‍♂️

Believe me it's not just a mini problem...
I grew up working in equipment, and the joke was to work on a unimogs you need rubber arms,
Let me tell you working on unimogs is easy compared to what some manufacturers make.

We have to many engineers trying to justify their jobs,

I don’t know of another brand that doesn’t lock the barrel into place but I wouldn’t be surprised is SP didn’t go to the apeks system, it would increase traffic to the dealers for tuning.
ーaqualung doesn't, hog doesn't, pretty sure deep six don't, I could be wrong, there maybe more.

ーaqualung doesn't, hog doesn't, pretty sure deep six don't, I could be wrong, there maybe more.
Aqualung maybe, one brand I don’t use, hog does and so does deep 6, they may not use the big square but they have tabs.

Aqualung maybe, one brand I don’t use, hog does and so does deep 6, they may not use the big square but they have tabs.
True, AL also has those tabs but they are easy to snap off. It's hard to beat SPs design. I bought some used HOGs many years ago and both had the small tabs broken off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom