Apeks xtx50 or Scubapro Mk25 Evo G260

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an XTX50 (both) + DST+5th port. I like the hose routing that gives me, and price was very similar to the Scubapro. The local shops service both, but Apeks had a deal going for the setup with miflex hoses (and the regs are 100% identical except for the yellow cover on the octo).

What means DST?

What means DST?

Dry Sealed Turret.

2 HP ports, 4 LP ports on a turret, option for 5th bottom LP port. It's a nice first stage although almost same price as an FSR, hose routing I guess would be the decider between the two for me. Single tank back mount I'd go the FSR, actually did, as it has a replaceable HP crown/seat. For some strange reason (cost?) it's the only model that does. Given performance is the same across all models I guess they needed to somehow differentiate between the "flag ship" and others. You can't go wrong with Apeks...or many others for that matter.

FWIW I think the G260 is a better second stage, better made and smoother and I'm an Apeks fan boy.

FSR For Suckers (who are) Rich.
FST First Stage Tank.
I bought a used FSR because I am/was exceedingly poor.
The old DST and FSR, not sure about FST, have one stupid LP 1/2" port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom